SAU Community

Common Problems With R34 Gtr

Guys i have been looking for a car since early this year and been comparing EVO IX, WRX STI 06 & Skyline R34 V specs. I like to find out what common problems do R34 GTRs have so i can get a better understanding when I’m making my final decision. I know most problems and issues on Sti & Evos but nothing on R34 GTR’s so I would really appreciate if you could help me out here! :D

No problems really to speak of in my case...

In 3 years of ownership, I've only had to replace a set of coilpacks with Splitfires, the oil pump with an N1, front rotors replaced with slotted DBAs and before I took ownership I had a rust spot below the bootlid light attended to.

The car gets serviced every 5000Kms and that's it.

Hmm. I've had mine for almost a year now. Put on about 17,000km. I like to drive it.

Oil changes every 3000km, and all other fluids every 10,000km (diffs, box etc). Hasn't had one problem.

I'm looking for one also! I couldn't find much in the way of a "buyers guide" either...

Terry_GT-R34, weren't/aren't you a member of Prelude Australia?

Hehe, yes still am in PA.

Nice bunch of guys (& girls) and no hairdressers afaik lol

Just take your time. make sure whatever you buy is THROUGHLY gone over by a decent mechanic. And check for dodgy accident repairs, some of the cheaper 34 R's have had a decent whack.

Cheers

you have the problem of looking bad-ass when you drive around in it

that is all

I'll be in the market for one in the next 1-2 years as a track cop

edit: LMAO why did the language filter change p-i-g to cop?^^^ :( p-i-gs don't eat donuts

Neck injuries to bystanders cause its such a head turner.

Accidents cause its stops traffic.

...not to mention that some owner had to travel 200km to pick up his car from his service-technician/engine-rebuilder lol