SAU Community

Hoping For A Favour

mr_rbman

Well I was asked quite a few months ago to put my EVO VII in my mates wedding next January, Saturday the 16th.

When I was asked it had my old 'grenades' on and looked pretty tough, when i sold the skyline the 'grenades' went with it.

Needless to say it is now sporting the stockies and i would just prefer that it had some tough aftermarket wheels.

So basically what i'm hoping is if there is someone out there who would kindly lend me there 34 GTR wheels or something similair around the 18x9" (offsets and widths must be same all round) for a couple of days.

They will see no more than 150kms of rd and the car will be getting driven by a 50yr old man.

Cheers in advance.

Thanks for the offers so far guys, cause of the evo's constant AWD i really need the same widths and offsets all round.

18x9" +30 would be perfect (34GTR rims, work xd9's, volk te37's etc.)

Cheers again.

^ +1, 255 is a huge stretch on a 8.5" inch wheel imo unless the tyre is a semi slick... i havent done any calculations, but i estimate the rolling diameter difference to be anything from 0.25% to 1.5%

only a bees dick not enough to worry attessa

moodles did you even read it 255 is no stretch on a 8.5" rim :D

Actually you are completely right, I only had 13hrs sleep over the past 3 days... I think what I meant to say was its alittle big for the rim, sidewall wouldnt be as strong as the one on the 9" rim which would give slight difference to overall diameter...

Bees dick does make a difference with ATTESSA, I had Potenza G3's 225/50/R16's all around on my 32 GTR stockies and tore up my fronts at the track (if anyone remembers the private track day, I even considered running that tyre in reverse rotation... for about 30 seconds), I had Kumho KU36's on to replace those front ones in the exact same profile while keeping my rear G3's (tyre place only had 1 pair, and I couldn't drive around with outright defectable front tyres). The rears still have about 50% tread left... but the tread difference alone is enough to make my ATTESSA put power to the front wheels 24/7 (even if its just alittle bit)

should be careful with the 33's ATESSA Steve because of the preload on the clutch packs. With a difference in sidewall height of 10mm (5mm top and bottom) produces a 3% difference in rolling circumference which is 3km/h at 100km/h (obviously). This will produce premature wear on the clutch packs (especially on 33 and 34's) which as you will know are very expensive to replace. You might not have problems for a number of years but when R32GTR's are 20 years old now and they don't have problems with their clutch packs if you have problems after say 5 years then it has been caused by something, and as for your split as you would know when your gauge says 0 it's already at 10%.