SAU Community

Rips Dragster Video's

R.I.P.S NZ

In the 1st video the shifter solinoid had been unplugged and I didn't know meaning it stayed in 1st :-( Lucky it was just qualifying and being able to stay close to a 6.8 second rail for the first 75 to 100 meters or so (untill I hit the limiter in 1st) made us feel a bit better about it:

Then during eliminations the trans started playing up and it got steadily worse till it failed completly in the final meaning we lost, here is a vid of the 1st round where I had the bye for qualifying No1 in Comp, trans already on the way out, hence the poor launch, if only we could have got the launch from qualifying along with the rest of this run it would have been a real solid 7 for sure:

Rob

What a weekend we've just had at Import Allstars. :D

The track was "reasonable" and we started off gently, 7.91, our first 7 in the FED.

During the day I got a little braver although the car was still all over the place, we ran 7.88, 7.81, 7.64 and 7.56, to say we are all over the moon would be an understatement especially as I had to bail early on the 7.56 due to heading for the wall, the mph was low at just 169 (would have expected 180+ on a 7.5) so things are looking very good indeed.

The trans behaived itself and it "seems" to be ok now, a few more runs will confirm for sure its all sorted.

The crash crew at around 1/2 track were saying I came past them haizing the tyres which was what was causing the drift action from 1/2 track, not a nice feeling but I managed to keep my foot hard up it for at least 2 of the runs.

I'm still on the old tyres I got with the car and the track definatly didn't feel as good as last weekends comp meeting but we are learning quite quickly and we are more than happy to have a 7.5 in the bag with just 11 or 12 runs under our belts.

Big thanks to all my sponsers and supporters, without you all it wouldn't be possible,

Here's a link to some video's and the photographers there said they got some real good shots so no dought they will turn up in a few days,

importallstarstrophy.jpg

Robbie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...