SAU Community

Dropped Overdrive Trying To Wire In Iebc

pyro-ns

Hi all :down:

so i was wiring the IEBC into my wife's stag last night and something's gone wrong.

I've got my power source and ground for certain (pin 31 for ignition power, pin 32 for ground). I've also grabbed what i thought was injector 1 cycle (pin 101) and the solenoid control (104). i'm relatively confident that i've got the solenoid right, which would lead me to believe i've got the wrong signal from what i thought was the injector wire.

problem is, according to the ecu pin-out, it's all apples. the only thing that i can think of that's overdrive related is pin 115 which is "overrun clutch solenoid valve control signal", which is miles away from the wire that i've spliced for injector signal...

. i'm referencing the R34 ecu pin out diagram btw, which i've been told is the same as the s2 stagea.

if anyone's got any ideas at all, i'd be greatly appreciative. i have a long trip ahead of me very soon, so would like (at least) my overdrive back! :blink:

cheers guys :)

josh

Edited by pyro-ns

Strange indeed. Your pin numbers are as per the S1 pinout that I have. Also strange because the only circuit you are breaking is the one to the boost solenoid - you are only tapping into the other ones. In the s1 there is an overdrive on/off switch but i believe the s2 doesn't have that?

I've just noticed that (on my chart at least) pin 104 is directly above (well two places above)) pin 120 lockup solenoid valve control signal. If you have your IEBC connected you can with ignition on engine off, by turning it to "view" and turning up the output signal, listen to your solenoid buzzing or clicking so that would confirm that you have the correct pin 104.

That's no good Josh, I'm sure I used a R34 pinout when I pit it on my stagea without a problem. I still have all the diagrams I used at home some where, I'll check for you when I get home later today, I'm still in bundy. Otherwise pop round and we can compare my wiring to yours.

all good, i may have screwed up and may have read the pinout diagram wrong :lol: step 1, don't do this at night, step 2, don't let me do it :lol:

now i've lost my IEBC instructions... isn't the hand controller meant to cycle through the load points as you press the throttle? i've got the input led flashing, but not the output led flashing...

edit:

ahh crap :blink: hand controller is meant to read current load point.... mine doesn't :down: just reads point 64 like always. anyone got any ideas? i'm kinda running blind without the instructions, but google is helping a little bit...

Edited by pyro-ns

hand controller is now working and showing load point! now solenoid doesn't seem to be doing anything :) ffs!

edit: solenoid is now working! but even at idle i'm at load point 64...

Edited by pyro-ns