SAU Community

gtr brembo calipers

njs

DBA definately have a listing for R33 there was a group buy on these forums not too long ago, I think it was the series 4000 Kangaroo paw. I think they only do the 33GTR in the series 5000

both are 4 pot, but gtr has bigger 4 pot and they are made by brembo! also the GTR caliper allow u to take bigger dimmeter rotor.

most 2 hand gtr brake are bit over priced IMO as they are 5-7 years old and go for around 2g. for about 3g u should able to get a set of brembo brake kit which come with "brembo drill" rotor, braid line, the lot. And u can choose the color u want as well.

Just a quick question. What is the difference between the standard gts-t nissan calipers and the gtr brembo's, they are both 4 pots ain't they? and is it a worth while upgarde?

All are 4pot.

R33GTR/R32 GTR (VspecII) are 326x30mm

R32GTR (Non-vspec & VspecI) are 296x32mm

R33 GTS-T are 296x30mm

HTH.

C.

A bloke up at Autobarn has a R32 GTS-T with a RB26DETT in it. He has R32 GTR Front brakes.

He said the difference is definately worth while. He started to rabble on about how easy and quick it pulls up compared to stock.

I have never driven a GTR and I have never driven a car with Brembo brakes but I would say from my own opinion that it is not a worthwhile upgrade. For a set of front calipers and rotors you would be looking at around $2,000 and you certainly are not going to get $2,000 of better stopping power.

If you plan on using your car at the track often (ie; more than 4x a year) then sure it may be worthy of upgrading to Brembo's as they will give you much more consistent braking abilities over the standard system.

For a fraction of the price you could get a complete DBA setup and I honestly don't think you would notice the difference.

I agree with benm, If you add a decent set of rotors (eg. DBA 4000s), good fluid, good pad (pick one, everyone got a different opinion on what are good pads) and some braided lines and you will have more than enough stopping power for less money than upgrading to brembos then getting good pads, fluid, lines. Unless you take you track work very seriously the above upgrades will do fine.

some interesting stats in this thread re stock vs upgraded brakes....little difference in stopping distance for one off stops....they only make a big difference over repeated stop/when hot...

*edit* and here is that thread

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=28354

I was quoted $700 for a set of GTR 4 pots.

+ the rotors would most probably set me back in total $1000.

R32 GTR 4 pots are no bigger than R33 GTS-t which can be had for 550 secondhand with disks if you look around.

BTW R32 Vspec 1 disks are closer to 305mm diameter

The pic is 32GTSt compared to 32GTRVspec1 (don't mind the writing on them)

Hi guys, we use R32 GTST M Spec callipers and DBA slotted (never drilled) rotors with Hawke Carbotic pads on our circuit race R32 GTST with RB31DET. The limit of stopping power over a 20 minute race is the tyres, not the brakes themselves. I can lock front or rear brakes on demand, on the last corner of the last lap if I want to. We use the soft compound Yokohama A032R's in 245/45/17, so they are plenty sticky. Unless you are using slicks, I see no reason to go any larger in brakes.

At 1200 kgs the R32 GTST has a fair bit less weight than a GTR, so there may be a case for upgrading if you are over 500 4whp and/or using slicks. But I would be very carefull about jumping straight there. I think you would get better lap speed for your money by spending it elsewhere.

Hope that helps