SAU Community

Nats

R34GTT-R

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys gonna organise a cruise or something??

Good luck "cruising" through the main streets associated with the Summernats. Try bumper to bumper traffic and crowds 3 deep on both sides of the road.

Cannnnnnn't wait !!!

All i remember from last years summernats are bumper to bumper RTA road stops... lotsa defects getting given away that weekend. i'd prefer not to get another one, so i think my quiet exhaust will have to come out for the weekend. how do the petrol head V8 owners react with the sleek turbo machines? i can't comment on it much, i've had both now :(

I only went to braddon on the friday and saturday nights last year, but it was pretty good as far as V8 vs everyone else rivalry. Huge police presence in Braddon meant that most people were pretty relaxed and there wasn't much trouble at all.

Huge number of nice cars tho, and people everywhere. It was awesome. I can't wait till this year.

You must have been on the other side of town.

Last year (well beginning of this year actually) the cops setup a defect station on the main hwy into Canberra about 2km before the showground, I got my exhausted tested (which passed). On 1 of the main roads in town from the summernats showground they setup another defect station, I still remember watching a smick VL Walkinshaw getting done over for about 30mins last time (but then I became side tracked by a lowie at a servo that everyone was making fun of hahah).

• 2 weeks later...

Well i couldnt give a rats arse bout the defects as im only goin there for a few days.You guys organised anything yet because i will be there tomorrow night terrosing your streets.Took my car up last year and didnt even get pulled over.So whats the plan?

After 25 laps of Calder my clutch is slipping :P, NOT HAPPY!

Will be going up with my mate in his XA coupe.

I too had no problems last year when i entered my 'line. But my mate did get a db test done on his exhaust.

is that the servo at the corner of Cooyong St and Lonsdale St ? If so save me parking :D coz i'll need a parking spot on fri nite from 9pm-Midnight to do some happy laps of Braddon (by feet) ;)

We can compare defect stickers as no doubt i'll get 1 on the way in from NSW for not wearing the correct colour socks or something :D

I'll be in a Red R33 with SAU seat covers ;)