2010 F1 Season

Roy

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He was slow in a straight line in sector 2. Something isn't right with the car, aero or engine??

Corner 1 carnage with some desperate lunges to decide the WDC is my call.

Did you see his line out of turn 9 I think it was... he was all 4 wheels on the run off area trying to straightline the corner onto the flat out straight to 10 & 11. Desperate measures, but not enough.

The problem with desperate lunges is that it all benefits Alonso. With Mark not winning Alonso can afford to be 4th. And that's assuming those desperate lunges don't dethrone Vettel from 1st.

Right now, Alonso is favourite, and if he puts on a fireworks show, Vettel is next in line. Webs is up the creek with half a paddle.

Edited by acediac

Well, with Hamilton and Vettel on the front row and having to win...it is going to make a very interesting race. I wonder justhow professional and level headed the front row is going to be. I think Alonso can afford to be a little conservative which means Button has nothing to lose and Webber can take a punt. It will be easy for title contenders to lose a wing or tyre at the start. You can see how Alonso is exposed with junkies around him that need the fix more then he does...he may end up being knifed

taken from another forum, found it amusing

Vet and Webbo clash at the first corner taking them both out of the race. Alonso picks up a puncture from the debris and falls to the back of the grid after a change of tyres. Hammy inherits the lead and the title is in the bag. Meanwhile Alonso fights his way through the field only to find himself in eleventh place and needing only a point to win the title. He starts the last lap 3 secs behind his team mate when his radio crackles into life " OK...............Fellipe has signed for McLaren...............please confirm you understand".................

Phillipa at McLaren? Not in this lifetime.

If the track was a little damp tonight and the race started on inters, that'd gaurantee bulk first corner carnage. In the much more likely event of a dry race, I reckon everyone down to P6 or so will get through fine.

Turn 1 is pretty quick in the world of first turns so thing status quo though the first few sections....but can still see a few wheel to wheel battles resulting in spoilerless cars or punctures...especially that first big stop

maybe with all the pressure on massa atm he will feel obliged to tangle with webber on turn 1?

Lights out drop the clutches, straigh away massa gets radio "Felipe, Webber is close to you, do you understand?"

tbh an Alonso engine fireball is about all I can see entertaining in terms of championship no?

but in isolation the race could be good

does shit me that Webber goes and lands 5th when it goddam really counts. Has he been finally worn down by the politics in the team and resulting press etc?

Well, we will never know but one of 4 things has happened.

He has finally run out of responses to Sebs speed and simply cant dig any deeper. Which is probably the case. OR, he is just not quite on it this round. Just like Button during most quali sections, and all other title contenders have had at times this year. This is the next likely scenario IMO.

OR, he choked...but in my eyes if he was going to choke he would bin it trying...I dont think choke = slow for Mark, it seems bin it with a rush of blood :thumbsup: Or, for the conspiracy theorists, he is back there to play rear gunner for Seb....seems strange that he is down by so much in the section that is a drag strip. I know Webber was running a different rear wing on Friday and I put his lack of speed down to the fact that the new wing sucked. But assuming their cars are now on par aero wise he is still way down on the drag strip? Maybe Marks Brazil engine jsut doesnt have the goods in it anymore

They swapped out the engine from Brazil.

He was complaining about a lack of grip in this sector. He is the slowest out of the top ten in this sector. Given he has been there or thereabouts with SV all year it is most likely there is an issue with the setup on the car. Unlikely it will feel better with a full load of fuel, so head down and cross fingers that something falls in his lap....cos it doesn't look like he will be dictating anything in this race.

Well whatever happens in the race tonight, I have prepared myself for dissapointment, in fact mark set the trend in Korea.

And as has already been said Alonso and the Tool deserve it more anyway :P

Should be an exciting race though, they should all be going at it hammer and tong, I daresay hopefully some rash passing attempts too!

What the f*k is with TEAM RED BULL and fcking over Mark Webber?

Why are they being such Kunts to him?

How they give Vettel the best of everything and Mark gets shafted, seriously... I hope Webber wins tonight and sticks it up them!!!

I was reading the other day, that Vettel damages something on his car and then Mark has to swap his perfectly good parts for Vettels damaged ones... seriously?

my 2 cents! hahaha :P

i'm prepared for dissapointment also. This is shaping up to be the sporting gosh darn up of the year by RBR. The constructors champion title will be overshadowed by the dissapointment by RBR's fans along with the majority people is the racing fraternity who hoping Webber wins.

It's highly imporbable that Webber will win the title, i will have all fingers and toes crossed whilst watching it infront of my tv tonight sitting on the edge of the seat. Helmut Marko should keep his big mouth shut, without Webber's wins this year his investment wouldnt be worth half of what it is now. RBR should have backed Webber for the title charge many races ago, they've completely butchered this due to their internal politics and Ferrari get off with a mere $100k fine for letting Alonso pass Massa which is now proving to be a very important move.

Hamilton doesn't appear to have been penalised for that altercation with Massa in quali.

OneHD news updates would have you think he had been, when they tell you that Webber will start 4th

Amateurs.