SAU Community

Putting A Turbo Back In

azzafreddy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright guys, I think this guys realised his mistakes and is trying to set things right. Lets give him the help he needs aye.

At least hes not going around saying "hey look at my engine bay, its almost a turbo".

Word of advice - when bending the water lines, be careful, bend them carefully and slowly, you dont want a kink blocking waterflow.

yeah, theres no good mechanics in my town so the guy i took it to wouldn't know much about imports just pull it all apart block off a few oil lines and change a few things and be done with it.. in victoria i heard its only a $200 fine for the first offence being on p plates and driving a turbocharged car, and no points lost so i'll risk it if i get caught once ill sell the car still having my license, if i make it 10 months without getting pulled over ill be on my fulls anyway. i heard off someone else as well that bending the copper pipes slowly is a good idea, so ill definitely keep that in mind.. nope i have the intercooler sitting there and the piping running up into the engine bay but its not hooked up i just have a pod running straight into the engine, car overheats quite a bit when im changing gears allot, when im on the freeway its a breeze, so in my eyes its actually more dangerous now then when the turbo was in it :S

Why risk it anyway? If you're on your Ps, why go out and buy a turbo car? Thats such a f**king stupid idea!! And then you take it to a mechanic you dont trust and ask him to destroy your car like that... :)

But hey, what would I know? I just bought an NA Skyline for my first Ps and upgraded to the GTSt a year later. In WA, thats legal!

• 3 weeks later...

yeh well what do you expect i am a p plater :), yeah, okay, i walked upto my mechanic and said here ya go mate heres a few hundred just destroy my car, you sound like the type of person to read through SAU forums and make simple storys sound tragic hahaha. once i get my turbo installed, again, my car will run just as good if not better then it was before i got it removed, because im also getting an apexi power fc ECU installed and getting it tuned, the only thing i burnt here was a bit of cash, i work in a factory and im on $28 an hour, a couple of hundred dollars wasted on a magnificent machine like an R33 Skyline is not a waste in my mind, i set my mind on doing something so that i could proudly drive my car 'legally' and i did it, and it actually doesnt go that bad considering the rb25 engine is running when its not designed to be ran without a turbo.. and for your information, i also had an N/A RB25DE and sold it, and im glad i did i prefer this car and im happy with the choices i've made with this car.. considering i made it work to my advantage when literally more then 50 people on here advised me against it hahaha *giggles to self*

lol its funny for everyone who knows that this is a really stupid thing to do but dont worry man when i first got into skylines and my P's i wanted to do the same thing but i did my research first and didnt ask.. i looked at responces on other threads... but yeah man i didnt see a problem with it before i got my p's..

anyway man cant really help ya with putting it back in.. jus thought i would shame myself with you :worship: its cool to make mistakes bro forget everyone else.. :(

laaaaater

i set my mind on doing something so that i could proudly drive my car 'legally' and i did it

So you're proud that your Skyline is slower than your girlfriend's Barina? Because that's what you "did".

Your standards must be pretty low if making your car that slow is worthy of pride.

Edited by scathing

do you really think a cop would defect him if he lifted the bonnet and saw that?

i think he would just close the bonnet, get back in his car and drive off without saying a word - maybe a few pics on his mobile first.

its really thinking outside the square though.

but back in the day of p plates i did things like this.

stupid shit like pcv piping induction kits to a carby car with a massive funnel on the front - the theory was so when the airpressure builds up in the pipe due to air at the front it creates a boost-like situation - however at speed the car stopped running because the pressure forced air back through the jets...

it happens - at the time it was the best idea - now i facepalm at myself

beiig at the receiving end of the responses and critisism is just character building

great pic btw its now my background :P

Edited by 910trx

do you really think a cop would defect him if he lifted the bonnet and saw that?

Your right, he would proably slap the dude on the back of the head and then defect him for driving a GTST on his P's.

Edited by PM-R33

• 2 weeks later...

scratching, mate, i dont care about speeding, having the fastest car, doing burnouts, racing & all that bullshit. i just generally have a love for skylines, i dont know why everyone thinks you have to be in some kind of race team to own a skyline :S:S it's much more powerfull then my girlfriends barina now, its slowly been getting better and better since i got the turbo removed, ive done an oil change replaced the middle exhaust and done a few things now i cant tell the difference between my old standard r33 and this one they have a very similar performance, in other words its running just like a standard r33 so im laughing. and also its not really bothering me because in june ill be on my fulls, getting adjustable coilovers, black 19" rims & a new turbo fitted, then my car will be purring, ill never regret what i did it hasnt changed the interest of my life at all, at the end of the day it was either get the turbo removed or sell the car, i found a way around selling the car now i can keep it for years, i really dont know why everyone is confused, some of you people are making me double facepalm when one isnt enough lol.

Edited by azzafreddy

Ok dude you really don't get it do you. Just because you are lucky and getting cops that don't know the laws very well doesn't mean what you have done is legal. Not every cop knows every single law.

well this cop knew what he was looking for and defected me for nothing but my car being 2mm to low.. i was very clear when i told him the story with my turbo, the way i see it if your genuinelly nice to a police officer there not going to go out of there way to slam you, especially when you live in a small country town like i do where everyone gets along, besides theres no relevence to me even replying because i have 4 months till im on my fulls and i live 500 meters from the masterfoods factory that i work in, what have i got to lose?, not like they would take my licence for driving a non turbo car that has an engine plate that says it has a turbo when i carry my turbo in the boot for proof, it just wouldnt happen like that man, anyway 90% of this forum doesnt help me with my question what is the point of SAU forums, honestly? people are just out to give other people s*#t its a bit of a joke.

hahaha i love this, i just read all the stuff on boostcruising about this forum as well (http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....494982&st=0). im getting really tempted to go out and make a video and single handedly prove how well this car is running without a turbo at low compression with the same DET ECU and Injectors, that will turn the tables a little bit, im not saying its a street machine but it has as much balls as a standard rb25 easy, then maybe SAU & Boostcruising members will realise what im doing is actually not such a bad idea, and i know the engine plate calls it a gtst but it really does not matter because i carry the turbo in my boot, my intercooler & piping goes nowhere so what are cops gonna say? they have nothing, i removed the turbo to make my car p plate legal and theres no evidence of me failing at that.