SAU Community

My Gtr, A Real Beast..

Councillor

post-64612-1261394659_thumb.jpg post-64612-1261394589_thumb.jpg

post-64612-1261394337_thumb.jpgpost-64612-1261394705_thumb.jpg

Well, here she is, at long last. I've had her for just over a week now and wonder how I ever managed to live without her. The subtle, yet aggressive exhaust, the manual transmission, the unholy steering that makes you think you are controlling it through your mind, and not a little round thing connected to a bunch of other stuff.

The first time I put my foot down and gave her a bit of a go, I eased off fairly fast, thinking surely, these cant be road legal. After a weeks worth of driving, 500km's later, I find her to be a very respectable daily driver.

I can honestly say that I can't find anything about the GTR that I dislike. I look forward to getting up at 5am to get ready to drive to work. I look forward to finishing work, not just because I get to go home, but because I get to drive my GTR.

As to what I want to do to her, first things first, an exhaust. Then I'll be hunting down some brain dribbling speakers and a sub to turn my skeleton to mush, and to set off the pacemaker of the old person driving the Camry next to me...

Engine wise? What else could I want to do for now? Faster? It honestly scares me to think what this engine is capable of stock.

Nice to meet you all, and I hope to see you all on a cruise as soon as I return from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Regards

Karl

• Like 1

Karl, One of the best things I'd recommend is doing a driver training day, best way to learn the capabilities of your car in a nice safe environment :blink:

Yeah soon as I get back from NZ I'll be doing one ;)

haha good to see your happy with it, i was really happy with my old 33 gtr, never had a problem with it, but it was the paranoia of breaking sumthing with no money in my pocket which made me sell it and downgrade to sumthing abit more 'raping' friendly and left some cash on the side

wat mods does it have? my gtr had all the basic goodies on it that every gtr should have, it just needed a power fc + tune .. heres a link to wat mine had on it http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...ec-t284822.html

make sure u get an oil cooler, my oil temp never went over 85 even during the day

oh and overfill your engine with about half a litre of oil wen u service it, always good to keep the oil in excess :blink:

haha good to see your happy with it, i was really happy with my old 33 gtr, never had a problem with it, but it was the paranoia of breaking sumthing with no money in my pocket which made me sell it and downgrade to sumthing abit more 'raping' friendly and left some cash on the side

wat mods does it have? my gtr had all the basic goodies on it that every gtr should have, it just needed a power fc + tune .. heres a link to wat mine had on it http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...ec-t284822.html

make sure u get an oil cooler, my oil temp never went over 85 even during the day

oh and overfill your engine with about half a litre of oil wen u service it, always good to keep the oil in excess ;)

It's completely stock at the moment. Your GTR was very nice bro, shame you had to sell :( Yeah looks like you had done a fair bit to it, any suggestions you may have, I'm more than happy to get schooled.

Exhaust makes a huge difference! Mine came with a stockie zaust too and when that was replaced with a HKS Hi-Power Silent, the power increase was incredible!

And you can't go wrong with apexi pods, theyr great and sound good too.

Enjoy it :(, great cars.

Edited by Ten Four

Wow, its stock!!

Thats good man!

First things first do your full exhaust. Then get power FC.

You will thoroughly enjoy your car Karl.

Just search on the forum and look at what some people have done to their GTRs and learn.

Also come along to the next driver training day when you get back from NZ and meet some of the members, they will only be happy to help you and give you advice when it comes to "whats next" with your vehicle.

Happy driving.

hey mate think i drove past you yesterday as you were parked at cattesloe i was in the black s15 car looks awesome man

Yes I think I remember drooling at a nice s15. Think we saw you as myself, my fiance and our friend were getting back in the car :( .

With the exhaust, does brand, the size, dual or single, and the type mufflers have a diff? I know they do, but I typed it out and gone stupid in the head, what effects I mean ;)