SAU Community

Gtr Front Torque Problem. Now Oil Leaking :s

Rps13

Ok So I have a R32 GTR and I have just made a big mistake from what I can tell.

So I have 2 cars a S14 and R32 GTR, While my S14 was getting work done on it i swaped the wheels so 2x S14 rims on the back and normal GTR ones on the from. I started driving and noticed that my Tourque meter was playing up and the cars power was going loopy cuting in and out and the tourque meter was testing in the middle and going up at slow speeds.

Now reading a thread on here i have just relised that it was the cause of the problem and that I shouldn't have been swapping tyers around like that but now I have the problem that even with the 4 R32 GTR wheels on it that the tourque meter is still playing up not to mention I now have a stedy dripping from the middle of the car (gearbox area)

I can not be sure where it is coming from though.

So what have I broken and is it expencive to fix?

Thanks all

It might be the hydraulic feed to the transfer case that's dripping- you will get slow response on the gauge if there's air in the hydraulic system too. check exactly where the leak is coming from before panicking too much and post it up. If you end up needing to fix the transfer case it's easier to buy a second hand one (200-300 bucks max) than rebuild-I have just rebuilt mine with new clutches and everything- parts end up being about a grand to do the minimum required (new bearings etc) Labour would be a bit though- I'd be happy to help you out though if your stuck for a financially viable option, I now have a spare transfer case with some good condition clutches and a fair bit of info on how to work on them.

most likely the transfer case is wrecked due to being overheated massively whilst you had the wrong wheels on. and yes gears may change fine. that has nothing to do with the transfer case. take it to a workshop who knows GTRs and get them to properly diagnose the problem. could be small, could be big. anyone on here is just playing a guessing game. the only way to find out is bite the bullet and take it somewhere.