SAU Community

Fuel Reg base pressure

Mase

I've got a malpassi rising rate fuel reg in my rb20det powered s13. I had it set at about 40psi and i removed the vacuum line on my stock fuel regulator. I went from getting 350klms out of a tank to about 500klms. Off boost was more responsive and i was pretty happy with it. However i kinda think it's too good to be true so im a little worried i may be running too lean. I only have minor mods: rb25 turbo, stock boost (8psi), pod and the fuel reg. Im getting an exhaust tomorrow finally!

the injectors were recently flow tested and cleaned and are spot on. Do you think i should drop the pressure back down to 40psi, or what would be your opinion?

thanks

Jayson

Did you set the reg at idle with the vacuum line disconnected to 40 psi? If you set it to 40 with the vac line connected you dont need that much pressure. My reg was set on the dyno at full throttle and load to 90psi to squeeze 229.2 kws at wheels with standard injectors. The pressure at idle it 40psi with the hose connected. For standard boost 65 psi at 10psi boost will be heaps.

Michael...

Hi mase. standard RB20DET fuel pressure is 36 to 38 psi at idle with the vacuum hose disconnected. So 40 psi is a little above standard, car should be running slightly richer and using more fuel. I smell a rat, I would do a power run on the dyno, watch the boost pressure and in particular the A/F ratios. One power run up through the rev range, take about 20 minutes including on and off the roller time.

Hope that helps

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• G30-770. So long as you're talking engine horsepower, and not some bullshit wheel/axle/mystery horsepower.
    • It's a lottery, no one is going to be able to predict how much HP YOUR engine is going to handle as history has a huge part to play.    As examples though. I have one rb26 on 630rwhp, running 16 years now at that level, track use, only a couple of times a year.  Another 790rwhp, about 2 years now, driven every weekend.    If i was to give you a "safe" number I would say 450rwhp on 98 and 550-600 on e85.  Seen plenty of motors pop with less though too      
    • Fair play on the 120k, sorry just live in nanny Aus.  High rpm on cruise would kill me too.    On the gears, its not just first, so beside the fact I really enjoy that nice punch you get when you accel in first. 2nd is all messed up in the gearsets too. Most people I know with gearsets(even sequentials) have to drop into 1st for tarmac rally slower corners as second gear is too low in rpm, its painful. Translate to the street, I am using a 2.3 gear out of a low speed turn, gearset you got a 1.7 second. I can tell you now between my two cars which one is a LOT more fun.    On a track its a different story, once the car is moving the gearset ratios are supreme, 1st gets you going on a big rpm launch, then 2nd is no issue for the corner speed on most tracks.    Yer the price sucks  , old enough to remember these selling for $1500usd here in Aus. 
    • Will mainly be steering the car as tracking it in China would reduce its value a lot and mines a near mint condition v spec 2. Just weighing out the options for the next improvement. Thanks 
    • Thanks for the info. With the 2.8L stroker kit what would be the best single turbo setup for around 700-750 drivable horsepower? As I think after that it’s going to be very aggressive power delivery.