SAU Community

Consult Port Into Hr31 Conversion

I have done a RB20DET Silvertop conversion into my HR31 Coupe and want to get a Blitz, Greddy or Apexi Digital temp, rpm, etc gauge. These run of a consult plug. My question is, does this part of the loom go back to the engines loom or does it wire in under the dash of a R32?

Edited by R31Heaven

just wire it to the ecu, we do a few engine conversions (rb's and SR's intop toyotas etc) with remaps and the easiest thing to do is just wire it to the ecu plug.

hate to hijack but do you by any chance have your speed signal wire hooked up to the ecu nismoid? i've tried the wire its supposed to be and it goes up wit rpm not speed, doing 50km/h idling in my driveway....

hehe HR31 wiring, always fun, watch out if you ever put an RB25 gearbox on it, or a NEO motor - I've yet to see how to get both speedo and tacho working with them (apart from that dodgy smashing a navara cog onto the sender type thing)

Mine works fine - pretty sure we used the Navara cog - but i dont see anything wrong with replacing the cog.

Works just fine. Or did we use a GTR sender... fk i cant remember. Either way my speedo/tacho both work and have since day one.

Im not going to say they are accurate though, but they weren't accurate before i changed the box... 20yr old shit just gets upset sometimes :D

R31House sell a sender cog type thing for around 200 dollars lol, can't remember specifics with the navara one but there was a possibility of it not working properly somewhere along the line. I dunno I was smart and got a more supported model lol.