SAU Community

Head Unit (lould Pitch Noise)

CaM!

hey guys just a quick question if anyone knows how to fix or had this happen to them. Just got my skyline and noticed when i dont have my head unit on theres no unusual noises but when the units on it makes a high pitch noise , according to how i accelerate. any advice is good cheers

cam

Hey cam....pretty sure the problem is a bad ground! I have a 93 R33 gtst and have the same problem in my car, but just haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. i have a rough idea because i have f**ked around with the amp, rear 6" and put in new splits and head unit (not due to the noise, but because i wanted better ones) and the problem is still there, however im not an auto electrican, but a couple of my mates who are diesel fitters informed me a while ago that it is the ground, i just haven't had the time to harrass one of them enough to fix it lol. Hope that helps mate!

Brendan.

yeah as brendan said, its a bad ground. get a thicker ground cable and also make sure theres a fuse somewhere and it should fix it. the noise your hearing is the variation in RPM on the alternator, that of course corresponds to the RPM of the car when its running

floating the ground thru the antenna jack , RCA or speaker frames shorting on metal can cause a few

radios dont need big fat ground wires, they draw fark all current.

bad alternator can cause "ripple" in the A/C sine wave being converted to DC. a bit deep for most but its normally when its about ready to fail or bad ground/power wires to it.corrosion on teminals ????

record the sound and it would narrow it down quickly