SAU Community

R34 Retuned Ecu Into R33 S2

RoVer™

Hey guys, I've been given a R34 GT-T ECU thats been reflashed/tuned by Dr Drift, could I plug this into my R33 S2 GTS25T? I'm guessing it's not going to be plug and play, I didn't achieve much out of searching. has anyone done anything like this before? I've also been given Splitfire coilpacks for a R34, bigger fuel pump and bigger injectors. a quick search tells me the coilpacks will fit a S2 R33, but the injectors won't without modification. Help is much appreciated, cheers.

Rover.

The R34 ecu has a diffrent pinout/plug to an r33, so unless you use the r34 loom aswell it won't work. Or splice the r34 loom plug into your r33 loom. But either option would be quite a big job. What is the ecu tuned for? I.e what mods etc was the r34 running? Would be interested in buying it off you if you decided it was too much work to make fit. Hope this helps you.

The R33 S2 and the Neo version coil packs have the same plug however the Neo coil pack has 2 mounting bolt holes and will not bolt on to the R33 coil pack rail as spacing is different.

The S2 coil pack has 3 mounting bolt holes.

So the Neo coil packs should work in the R33 if it comes with its rail.... providing the entire rail will bolt on to the R33 head.

The R34 ecu has a diffrent pinout/plug to an r33, so unless you use the r34 loom aswell it won't work. Or splice the r34 loom plug into your r33 loom. But either option would be quite a big job. What is the ecu tuned for? I.e what mods etc was the r34 running? Would be interested in buying it off you if you decided it was too much work to make fit. Hope this helps you.

the ECU came out of a 34 that had splitfires, blitz ebc, fuel pump, injectors, bigger turbo and fmic. Currently tuned to 270rwkw. All belongs to 'hamoti' on here who wrote it off a few years back. I'll have a chat to sam from dr drift tommorow. Cheers.

So the Neo coil packs should work in the R33 if it comes with its rail.... providing the entire rail will bolt on to the R33 head.

Neo coils bolt directly to the head, no rail. They are also all facing the same way and the spark plug is in the center. I know some guys here that will just sit the coil on top of the plug with nothing holding it down because Neo packs are hard to find.

As for this ECU swap, it will be very hard to get it right. The VCT solenoid works differently in the Neo than the R33. Also, the Neo has more vacuum switches to run emitions stuff that isnt on the 33 motor. It will be a big pain to switch over ECU plugs as well. Just save yourself the trouble and get a Z32 ECU if you want to Rom tune.

Spoke to Sam today, 34 ECU into R33 is too much trouble. And a flash tune on the stock 33 isn't worth it. Instead he suggested an R32 ECU + VCT controller, quoted me $1000 everything supplied, fitted and tuned. Sam also told me the Z32 ECU is an option but they're not quite right with idle and a few other things... He also gave me the option of GTR cams with cam gears for the VCT dilemma, but highly recommends an R32 ECU + VCT controller. Anyone have any other suggestions? I read Rising Sun on here can retune R33 ECU's, need more info though.

Cheers.