SAU Community

Replace Leaking Injector On L24e

MrBFrederick

Guys,

Number 2 injector is leaking on my L24E, probably from the hose. What's the recommended fix?

A quick search of the forum suggests that RB30 hose/tail are straight swap but there seems to be some uncertainty if RB30 are the correct impedance.

im 100% sure they work. also the CA20 items work too.

funny cos my number 2 is pissing, but im getting the whole lot replaces with 270cc hosetails for my turbo setup

Any recommendations on where to source them? In one of the old posts there was a link to www.injectorsonline.com. They seem to sell L24E injectors for about $80 - what do you reckon? Have you heard anything about this mob?

Also, I saw in an old post you had some troubles removing the oil pressure sensor. How did you go removing it and presumably replacing it? Was it a tough job?

Number 2 injector is leaking on my L24E, probably from the hose...

According to the service manual, the hose can be cut using a soldering iron, removed and a new one pushed on. 

JH

According to the service manual, the hose can be cut using a soldering iron, removed and a new one pushed on.

JH

JH, so slice it length-ways with soldering iron to get it off. Then push new hose on and then the screwed down 'rail' keeps it all together? Have you done this?

JH, so slice it length-ways with soldering iron to get it off. Then push new hose on and then the screwed down 'rail' keeps it all together? Have you done this?

Haven't done it. Just reading from the R30 service manual. It says to wet the inside of the new hose with fuel, push hose and hose socket on by hand, no clamps necessary (page EF-56). 

JH

I've seen them cut, hose slid on, with a clamp

thought I throw this in as well, (when I was researching for my turbo build) not sure if they are %100 correct though

and the RB30 (non turbo) are to small for a L24 Turbo engine.

280ZX - 180cc

L20et - 188cc

RB30 - 200cc

RB30ET - 250cc

L28ET - 265cc Low Impedance

RB20DET - 270cc

RB25DE - 270cc

VG30et - 270-280cc (turbo ones)

280ZX Turbo 280cc (turbo ones) ??? not sure about this one.

7MGE Toyota 295cc

FJ20ET - 360-370cc

RB25DET - 370cc (sidefeed) No good

RB26DETT - 440cc Low Impedance

Nigel

post-13098-1264073256_thumb.jpg

Guys,

Number 2 injector is leaking on my L24E, probably from the hose. What's the recommended fix?

A quick search of the forum suggests that RB30 hose/tail are straight swap but there seems to be some uncertainty if RB30 are the correct impedance.

Just go and buy some fuel hose from repco/autopro/supercheap and cut the old hose off and replace it with the new hose. I have done this with all my injectors as well as adding hose clamps at the injector end. No more leaks.

Wardie

Yeah, I've done the cut-with-a-soldering-iron thing before and fitted new hoses - not too hard. You can buy an injector reco kit which comes with new line filters, seals etc.

But first, you might want to double check exactly where the leaking is coming from. I've had repeated problems with the black-phenolic-bush-adaptor-mount thingys cracking, so that fuel leaks from the lower ring seal. So in my case, replacing the hoses it made no difference because they weren't the course of my problems. I have a hunch that the busted adaptors might be caused by ethanol (or some other additive) in the fuel making the seal swell and crack the phenolic.

Yeah, I've done the cut-with-a-soldering-iron thing before and fitted new hoses - not too hard. You can buy an injector reco kit which comes with new line filters, seals etc.

But first, you might want to double check exactly where the leaking is coming from. I've had repeated problems with the black-phenolic-bush-adaptor-mount thingys cracking, so that fuel leaks from the lower ring seal. So in my case, replacing the hoses it made no difference because they weren't the course of my problems. I have a hunch that the busted adaptors might be caused by ethanol (or some other additive) in the fuel making the seal swell and crack the phenolic.

best way to check if injectors are leaking is by spraying it to see if it makes a change in idle... do not over tighten your injectors as the spacing blocks will crack and are quite difficult to find

on my turbo setup im useing R31 injector holders, 10 times better design, alot stronger too.

I'm still using the MR30 injector holders on my turbo L24, MAG86, do you have some picture you can put somewhere to show me what these look like and how they fit ?

Nigel

Ha ha, easy fix. Just tightened the hose clamp at the top of the hose where it meets the rail. :)

Previous own said he'd replaced inj's 1 and 2. I guess he didn't tighten up the clamps properly.

MAG86, still interested in the R31 replacment though - just for reference.