SAU Community

(vic) C210 Spotted On Wreckers Website

jrh001

Hi,

I may be able to get parts for you. What parts are you after?

JH

not so much as in parts, but chopping some sections out of the car, since he's not willing to part with the whole car to someone else

roof bits and rear boot panels (bottom section thru to and including wheel corner)

can send photos if needed. anything you can do is muchly apreciated

not so much as in parts, but chopping some sections out of the car, since he's not willing to part with the whole car to someone else

roof bits and rear boot panels (bottom section thru to and including wheel corner)

can send photos if needed. anything you can do is muchly apreciated

If chopping involves oxy equipment, I'm fairly sure they won't permit it. However, if you send a list/diagrams/photos, I'll go and ask them.  

edit: (BTW How would you get the panels to Sydney?)

JH

Edited by jrh001

Grim news,

"vehicle body no longer in stock"

Somehow... you have to get to these cars before the wreckers get their hands on them.

JH

What does that mean - has what was left of the car been crushed? So much for my big plans for this weekend. This is irritating as several people tried to snap up what was left of the car before it got minced and they wouldn't have a bar of it... the idiots.

why is everyone so keen on these things lol

how much is a rolling shell worth? i know where theres one sitting in a factory.... might actually be up for sale soon. body was all straightened up by a panel beater like 3 weeks ago

edit - sorry the one im talking about is a 4 door datto, still says c210 on the tags tho???

Edited by VB-

why is everyone so keen on these things lol

how much is a rolling shell worth? i know where theres one sitting in a factory.... might actually be up for sale soon. body was all straightened up by a panel beater like 3 weeks ago

edit - sorry the one im talking about is a 4 door datto, still says c210 on the tags tho???

yea there are 2 and 4-door c210 skylines mate :(

ahh yeah, clearly im on this site to look at R31+ models lol. love the look of the kcg10, then, in my mind, theres a massive blank spot till the R31 came out haha

The C210 sedan still isn't worth mega-bucks unfortunately, (although prices are climbing), but there is bound to be plenty of interest in a rust-free car. Please let the forum know if it does come up for sale.

The C210 is attractive because it is cheap, it runs similar engine and drivetrain to the popular and pricey Z cars, they are comfortable and easy enough to repair. Maybe they aren't the coolest car on the planet, but they are pretty quirky at least. They are getting a bit rarer now, so they get a bit of attention from passers by, too.

The C210 sedan still isn't worth mega-bucks unfortunately, (although prices are climbing), but there is bound to be plenty of interest in a rust-free car. Please let the forum know if it does come up for sale.

The C210 is attractive because it is cheap, it runs similar engine and drivetrain to the popular and pricey Z cars, they are comfortable and easy enough to repair. Maybe they aren't the coolest car on the planet, but they are pretty quirky at least. They are getting a bit rarer now, so they get a bit of attention from passers by, too.

Looking back at the state of the car as it rolled into the wreckers (see first post, pics are still there at the moment), it was in fairly good condition. Have no idea why they were unwilling to sell it complete. I did ask and they simply said it "wasn't allowed".

Will ask about the car and let you know.

JohnH

Looking back at the state of the car as it rolled into the wreckers (see first post, pics are still there at the moment), it was in fairly good condition. Have no idea why they were unwilling to sell it complete. I did ask and they simply said it "wasn't allowed".

Will ask about the car and let you know.

JohnH

probably sold it to his mate. we are dealing with people who have the iq of a brick!

thanks anyway mate. your a champion! ill post some pics incase anyone can help out otherwise

An update:

Spoke to the guy at Jolly's this morning. The C210 has been crushed and sent off for scrap.

The story is that they cleared several rows of cars on the lot to make room for 20 cars that arrived.

The aerial pic (http://www.jollysupullit.com.au/Home/Home.asp) shows the cars packed really close together. It's very difficult to retrieve some parts (like doors and guards). They clear a row, then fill a row. 

JH

As far as rare goes, ive only ever seen 5 C210 sedans in Perth or known of them.

haven't seen any coupe's at all

I was in Perth for a holiday in 2004 and saw a stock light brown coupe with WA plates, east Perth.

It was very clean, parked behind the shopfronts.

Big shame the car is crushed. What a waste.

Hopefully i speak for most in saying that the wreckers guys are f$&king tools!

Edited by NightMonkeyII

I'd like to say a really BIG thankyou to John who thankfully got in and got parts for me before those F wits demolished that car. John really went out of his way to help and this is much appreciated, onya John. Ricky

• 2 weeks later...