SAU Community

HKS 2835 ProS Results

grepin

Good stuff Buster, huge but nice power across revs, what else do you have hangin off motor?

Thanks Sydneykid for recommendations.

Grepin and I will be gettin on same dyno in the next few days to compare, this is different speed shop/dyno again, but it doesn't have latest software, so no shootout mode. The same speed shop will have replacement 650kW dyno soon with latest stuff so will redo again in shootout...particularly when I sort out the flow restriction and whip Grepin's ass!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

600x115x300 Trust gtr drag cooler, Tomei 264 cams and cam gears, greddy plenum, trust manifold, Trust TD06 25g, grex remote filter and oil cooler, 550inj (I think) they were at 80% duty at 300rwkw, big fuel pump etc

Freebaggin,

Do you think it could possibly be the small exhaust a/r?

Not likely, Tim (RPM) and Shaun (Boost Worx) say it's not the issue, plenty of experience with 0.6 odd exh housings and big power. Grepin has 0.68 A/R exhaust with smaller wheel dimensions, mine is 0.63 with bigger exh wheel so overall exh housing flow would be similar.

Have a look at Busters's setup compared to mine (thanks Buster real nice setup for sure)! His has all the trappings of high rpm power, I have all STOCK stuff, just with bolt-on turbo (did this on purpose to see what I get with simple bolt-on). Grepin has Greddy plenum, nice exh manifold, big throttle body so it makes sense they have good top end as well as mid range.

However just now I had a look at my setup and I think along with possibly a "mechanical" flow restriction it might be boost drop-off at high rpm due to two things. Just discovered my e-Boost EBC was not setup properly and the boost "sensivity" was too low, this has the effect of dropping boost at high rpm and also too much boost in higher gears (which I have noticed). I will fix this.

The other thing is the stock BOV might be leaking above 12psi or so. There is a thread in this forum on this very problem, there is a "bleed" hole that can be plugged...I'll do this as well. Then I'll see what I get on the dyno, hopefully all tomorrow, will datalog boost map with Microtech and laptop.

I don't think we are getting off the track here are we :headspin:

So, I did the BOV mod, consisting of a "machined" PVC irrigation plug placed into the BOV leak line and we got the result I was after. Initial run was with line open (stock setup) and then placed the plug in hole and the result as attached.

Didn't need to adjust e-Boost sensivity as boost response was good and also good up to 6800rpm then dropping off. So for 10c I got 8-10rwkW from 120-180km/h, so it helped both top end boost and boost spool up.

Getting better tune tomorrow as A/F ratio was in the 10s in the mid range and timing too conservative (14-15°). I still feel there is more in it up top so a mech. flow restriction might still be there.

Hi all discoverd a leak on previous tune/dyno run. Pipe leading to the idle assembly. 1.3 Bar tune at 275rwkw. Tried 1.5 Bar however needed to take too much timing out. Interestingly it tried to use the same map which ment to tune at 1.5 bar messed up the tune at 1.3Bar. This 1.5 Bar run was done taking 2deg out using the HC ign correction. Maybe with Toluene I can keep the timing and see how it goes. Can anyone shed any light on the PFC using the same map (sydneykid). Microtech for example can sence what boost is being run and use the approriate map enabling different tunes at diff boost levels. Microtech dudes correct me if I am wrong.

Greg.

I am not saying the Z32 is preventing more power being made, but that it sounds like it is hitting peak voltage, so when the boost is turned down, the ecu doesnt know that less power is being made (less air flow) and adjusts the mixtures appropriately.

As the car is tuned off the dyno O2 sensor, the mixtures are right for the higher boost, but once you turn the boost down, if the ECU still sees the same AFM voltage at the same revs, it will use the same amount of fuel - same map point. Get what I mean? Tuning the car with a maxed out (voltage) wont effect peak power at the boost it was tuned at.

By comparison, alot of cars have well over 200rwkw with the stock AFM, but I checked my AFM voltage when I had 190rwkw and it hit 5.1V at 4500rpm (peak torque). This wasnt a problem as long as I used the same boost.

Top end power is probably more being limited by exhaust - but fixing that in itself wont help the tuning at 1.5bar and when the boost is turned down the ecu still uses the same map points - which could only be airflow or revs, as they are the only two points the map uses for reference.

Buster, very nice results there - congrats.

In regards to your comment about "It really amazes me the differences in the dyno's in Sydney alone I'd hate to think what interstate would be like", its the same up here in QLD.

With my previous set-up i went 113mph with 340rwhp, now with my new set-up tuned on a different dyno i made 345rwhp yet i went almost 121mph. Its too hard to compare dyno results from state to state and shop to shop.