SAU Community

1977 Skyline 240 Gl 2 Door

stock510

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell??? Now up to $7,900. Very, very odd. Guess the old skylines have appreciated in value this week.

Correction! Now $8600 and not reached reserve.

I guess someone will buy it and we will find them on here trying to sort it out.

It is likely the motor is stuffed or nearly, as if not driven or run correctly they glaze the bores and then burn oil and become throw aways as I have seen on many occassions, but we will just have to wait and see.

D

• 1 year later...

Correction! Now $8600 and not reached reserve.

I guess someone will buy it and we will find them on here trying to sort it out.

It is likely the motor is stuffed or nearly, as if not driven or run correctly they glaze the bores and then burn oil and become throw aways as I have seen on many occassions, but we will just have to wait and see.

D

I am the guy who brought the car , had all the fluids change & driven about 1200 kms & had no problems . have owned several cars in my time restored / unrestored & this is the best . currently a feature in australian classic car . if you are in a newsagency worth a look .

cheers my77sky

I am the guy who brought the car , had all the fluids change & driven about 1200 kms & had no problems . have owned several cars in my time restored / unrestored & this is the best . currently a feature in australian classic car . if you are in a newsagency worth a look .

cheers my77sky

That's great news, not sarcastic, fact! Because a mate of mine bought an 1984 KB Laser off a priest in 2002 and it had 35000k on the dial, yet had a recond motor. When he questioned the priest as to why, he was told "I didn't drive it very often and when I did it wasn't very far, so the motor never got warmed up and at 25000k I had to put a new motor in it because the original one was worn out and burning lots of oil" hence why my comments went along the lines they did.

It goes to show that Mr Nissan knows how to build tough engines that can stand in the test of time and still be as good as when new without going anywhere.

Doesn't matter really what you paid for it only in todays climate it was probably to much, but sure as a lot less than the $15000.00 that was being asked on ebay closing today.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170605953788&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Cheers, D