SAU Community

Injector Flow Test Results

snozzle

Hi guys,

I have bought some s/h 600cc top feed injectors and flow tested them at my workshop and got the results below (all i know is, they are black, says 'siemens' on the side and previous owner THINKS they are sards.. if anyone has a better guess, let me know lol)

now, im new to the injector flow testing show so i would like some educated input, as to wether these results are ok, or if these will need further attention before installation (ie, ultrasonic clean etc)

14y78eo.jpg

2drufm1.jpg

to me, these results seem ok except for 1 injector that seems to be spraying about 5% more than all the rest, should i be worried?

Siemens are the injectors that were floating around on ebay a while back. They weren't a direct drop in injector for the R34 and needed a modify fuel rail to fit IRC.

Got this info from here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...html&st=100

P.S have no idea if the results in your pic are good or not :P

Genuine Siemens / Mototron DEKA IV High Impedance Injectors

These injectors flow 60 lbs/hr at 43.5 PSI ( 3 BAR ) and up to 85 lbs/hr at 87 PSI! In addition, these units are high-impedance. Despite the high flow rate, they are linear and controllable at low pulse widths and have been used in ULEV applications! This allows you to use a larger injector than normally possible without hurting idle and low speed driveability. Adding to the flexibility of application, these units are high-impedance; making them compatible with most ECUs, while delivering the most flow available in a High-Impedance injector.

These injectors are able to function at high fuel pressures and don't exhibit the high fuel pressure handling problems found with many other high flow high-impedance injectors. This makes these injectors very well suited to turbocharged and supercharged applications that see high fuel system pressures.

Engine performance and running quality are enhanced through the optimized spray pattern. Unlike competitors "pencil stream" high flow injectors; these High Flow injectors utilize a multi-orifice tip providing a true 30 degree spray pattern for improved mixture preparation. This results in lower BSFC and better idle quality than many injectors with less flow.

Edited by R34 GTTTTT

• 1 month later...

In RB26's it is to accoutn for the fact that the rear cylinders get slightly more air than the front cylinders.

It is also done to cool the rear two cylinders in all RB engines as they tend to run hotter than the front cylinders (they are at the tail end of the cooling system).

That is my understanding.

well, it turns out that i can get these injectors for 100 bucks each inc gst from a supplier of mine which is not all that far from wat i paid for them. FML

lol ill put the highest flowing in order to the rear of the engine and be happy with it

thanks to everyone for your input

• 7 months later...

finally found the page i was looking for....i found a set of 550 injectors that flowed at

556cc-546cc-558cc-552cc-542cc-546cc

are these margins acceptable.?? i want to run them on my rb20 so its got a cross over pipe..

so like above how you would put the higher flowing injector at the back. would i run the lowest flowing at 3 and 4 being directly above the cross-over pipe.and then the higher ones for 1 and 2 then 5 and 6?

would u treat 25 and 20 the same as 26. obviously the cross over pipe is completly different than the forward facing when it comes to induction flow characteristics but even so ive aways been told last cylinders tend to lean out on rb's.

i could never see how this could be posable with the cross over pipe set up though.

maybe as stated above about the last cylinders being hotter is the reason for changed combustion in last cylinder(s)

or maybe it is only problems on 20 and 25 if a forward facing plenum is fitted?

i was told the max different between the injectors should be no more than 3-5% depending on if its turbocharged or N/A but 5% is pushing it for a turbo engine i think.

your results look fine dude