SAU Community

Mr. Keets Goes Osaka

Mr. Keets

Paul

Good to catch up with you mate

Good to catch up yesterday with you too mate, if I wasn't so drunk I would probably write a more enigmatic reply. Here is a suggestion I did not see in a guide book - don't go one for one with an ojisan- sake makes the floor moving

Paul

hahahah no sympathy

Chris

Missed um, by the time I'd finished doing the do it was getting on... oops. Had a speil set and all...grrrr.

Ok here we go, I shot a shed load and between being a tourist and have a cold beverage at night iv'ei' been a bit slack. so here is the first of what looks like many instalments.

For all you hard core 'Line fans...not much here, I have a few pics here and there but this show was not like TAS at all. There really was a lot of VIP, vans and believe it or not styled hybrids. In fact there were more late model VW's than there were GT-R's. This was more style orientated than Tokyo...maybe thats how it is in Kansai maybe not.

The first show pic I posted was of that little Suzuki, I've posted a pic of the company's hoarding as I'm not really sure what the company name is. They had a premo spot at the entrance to one of the 5 halls...there where six but your not getting any pics of the curry or beer we drank.

This stand was popular all weekend, four cars with two done up like Christmas trees..."look honey...shiny!". The look was called "grinder" for all of us that have run the edge of a grinding wheel across some metal ...well that's the pattern. These weren't the only cars here with it; I recall a GS300 Lexus and a Van sporting the look in a more restrained style...to be posted

You see why I'm not sure...yes the first word is "And"

Osakaday2006.jpg

Osakaday12328-1.jpg

Be nice guys I haven't processed this stuff...I'm a tourist

Osakaday3669.jpg

Osakaday12326.jpg

Osakaday3662.jpg

Osakaday2007.jpg

Osakaday3016.jpg

The other two were Odyssey's...the whole weekend all you could hear in that hall was the bags being deflated. These guys really worked their stands, the only shops that came close were D A D and Junction...pics tomorrow vending machine visits not withstanding

Osakaday3003.jpg

The paint finish was nice, I've seen a lot of cars over the years with heavy flake that lookl lumpy up close, maybe it's just the technology of the paint these days...but these cars were finished well.

Osakaday12324.jpg

From one end of the messe to the other...GT-R magazine, three cars, all class. I have some nice really wide shots of the 32 but they need some work to make desktop worthy...Yes I do own a 32R lol

Late model V-Spec Omori refresh S1. Drive in drive out with a restored 32. Sign me up.

Osakaday2508.jpg

Osakaday31036.jpg

V-Spec R35, I still prefer the 32 I'm afraid and a lot of the punters thought so too. They would point at the 35, make a few then move over to stand in front of the 32 and discuss...not much different than home. Still, who wouldn't want one as a daily?

Osakaday31083.jpg

Osakaday31082.jpg

Okey dokey, the AOM had more flares than a Status Quo concert but it seemed like just when you thought you had seen as much offset and stretch as sensible there came another that pushed the sensible to nonsense....Toyota crown.

Osakaday12481.jpg

は、安全ですか?

Osakaday2229.jpg

I wonder what the conversation in the shop was like...ok then, we have this incredibly undersized tyre and a can of lighter fluid..who's keen?...Kaito , your up!

Osakaday2227.jpg

Pit Road ...home to amongst others a well known big hp GTO...yes it was there but this little monster caught my eye. Time attack spec K

Osakaday3986.jpg

3 cylinders of awsoma powa!...could you imaging working on this thing, small hands...very small hands

Osakaday3982.jpg

They wont believe this at school

Osakaday2475-1.jpg

Yup, 220 ps , that's some serious fun.

Osakaday3987.jpg

If it don't fit...just build out, I'm guessing K Car Special Meeting scrutineering is pretty casual, dimension wise

Osakaday2476-1.jpg

Osakaday3988.jpg

That's it for now, off to Hiroshima for a couple of days, then Tokyo.Thanks for reading and the comments. I'll try and post some more pics tomorrow night.

Keets

Sorry about the width guys...just realised after the post ...too late.

Phoenix Power brought along 8 cars along. The gold 34 is an M Sepc running a 2.8 Tomei and a T78 making 637 awhp...

Osakaday12204.jpg

Osakaday31063.jpg

Osakaday3504.jpg

Osakaday2525.jpg

Osakaday31048.jpg

The 32 has a 2.8 Nismo kit and twin T517Zs...looking at the chart it didn't look like much fun to drive even with the V-Cam. Veilside rear wing wasn't to my taste either. Apparently it's rolling on BBS 19 x 10's with 275 30's...It didn't look that radical, I guess when your looking at 20's and 22's all weekend it loses the effect. Oh well, close but no cigar

Osakaday2515.jpg

Osakaday12199.jpg

Another stock (looking) 35...making 753 awhp.

Osakaday3495.jpg

Osakaday3497.jpg

Wald R35 GT-R...I like the calligraphy, drips and all. Must have been one big sumi block

Osakaday3547.jpg

Osakaday2630.jpg

The suit in the foreground is Hansel...he's so hot right now. It wouldn't work in Oz but these guys were rock stars, at one stage on Sunday there was a line of kids and hotties waiting for pics.

Osakaday2638.jpg

Osakaday2639-1.jpg

Try sending that to the dry cleaner

Osakaday3542.jpg

Yes is it was embossed...I touched it lol

Osakaday2539.jpg

I wasn't allowed to touch this.

CopyofOsakaday31116-1.jpg