SAU Community

r33 gtst s2 passenger side window goes down but not up

2 hours ago, Duncan said:

testing the motor is pretty simple, there will be a 2 wire plug that goes to it. Apply 12v (eg from a battery) and it will go down with the wires one way around, and up with wires the other.

thank you will try this

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2023 at 7:19 AM, Duncan said:

testing the motor is pretty simple, there will be a 2 wire plug that goes to it. Apply 12v (eg from a battery) and it will go down with the wires one way around, and up with wires the other.

finally got some time to try this, nothing.

cant even hear the motor making any noise

same to assume motor is done, if so how to remove it now is the question lol

1 hour ago, Duncan said:

yeah if you are certain you connected the motor's terminals properly to a battery (both ways around) and no movement, then the motor is dead

im having trouble finding a good guide for s2 passenger side window motor removal

On 1/28/2023 at 2:45 PM, GTSBoy said:

You don't need a guide. Just start taking the door apart. You'll soon work it out. Not to mention that the factory service manual will have everything you need.

do you know if the whole window regulator needs to come out? or can I remove the motor without removing the whole regulator system

On an R33, no I don't. To be honest, I don't even know if you can get just the motor out on an R32, and I'm not at home to check my R32 workshop manual (or the R33 one that is there, either).

I have a couple of spare R32 mechanisms in the shed, and just looking at them (or, in this case, the memory of looking at them!!) suggests that you probably have to pull the whole lot out. But I shouldn't imagine that it's much more work anyway.

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2023 at 12:47 PM, Duncan said:

yeah if you are certain you connected the motor's terminals properly to a battery (both ways around) and no movement, then the motor is dead

I got around to removing the whole mechanism, replaced the motor and everything. wasn't the problem, still not working, window still moves down, but not up, switch looks fine don't think its that, went to check the window relay as that seems to be a potential issue, assume it would be on drivers side door so I removed everything and checked and it's not there, do you know where its located on an s2?