SAU Community

R32 goes out in right curves

Hi together,

I have an issue with my bnr32. If the tank isn't full, my r32 goes out in right curves after i installed a new Walbro (255 l/h) fuel pump. 

Have anyone experience and a solution for this?

Thank you.

The wiring is okay, i double checked it with a Multimeter. The Sky goes out only in right curves and only if the fuel tank isn't full (the issue starts at about a half-full tank)

In Germany more r32 have this issue. First i thought i need a tank-in-tank solution to counteract the G-Load.

I think that, as GTSBoy said, it will relate to how the oump is mounted in the  cradle. Less likely but also possible the cradle is not firmly secured to the mount in the bottom of the tank and has come loose.

Either way you need to open the tank back up to check.

The main thing to check is that the pump's sock/inlet filter is lying flat right at the bottom of the cradle. Also check the the filter is properly attached to the pump and can't leak, that the pump is secure in the cradle (as the diameter is much smaller than stock), and that the return line from the fuel rail is properly connected so that fuel returns into the cradle not the main tank.

I still have surge with low fuel (under 1/4 tank) in long high g corners on the track, even though I use an in tank lift pump + external surge tank. These days there are better designed aftermarket alternatives if you can't get the standard setup to work OK, like https://frenchysperformancegarage.com/collections/nissan-skyline-r32gt-r/products/fpg-new-nissan-skyline-r32-gt-r-bnr32-in-tank-surge-tank-kit-track-edition-te-fits-c34-stagea-v3-fpg-085

10 hours ago, Stivo said:

The wiring is okay, i double checked it with a Multimeter.

I think you missed the point of what I said. You would need to be driving around a right-hand curve at the same time as measuring with the multimeter to prove this.

What I said was:

10 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

or you've fouled up the wiring so that it is shorting or going open circuit under that G load.

with emphasis added, for, you know, emphasis.

Yeah, I'm betting a combination of fuel pump is positioned higher then the factory pump and the filter/sock is shorter then the factory sock. 

Have a look at the frenchys performance garage hanger setup, they generally position the fuel pump nice and low so would be a good comparison for however you set your pump up.