SAU Community

A Problem With My R33 Gtst Series 1

LiL_JeT

Most workshops will charge you per labour hour which is normally around the $80 mark.....i had my fuel pump and boost controller fitted for i think $80 and a dyno run to see if it all worked fine and to tune the EBC.....all and all it came up to $80 as it took them roughly 1 hour to do lol...

Call and find what workshops will charge you mate.....

workshops up north: pitlane performance, smooth garage, boostworx, morepowa, fours n more, boosting oz

search them up and call em mate

wow thats cheap! i'll have to call thanks for the list.

but heres the update my car is bak on the road. total time was 4hours to take out a fuel pump out of an old 33 then taking out mine and fitting it! and boy im to ashamed to say but my original fuel pump was so small i was shattered i thought i had a big one. a fish tank pump is bigger then what i had! but i have a new pump and its MUCH bigger and i think my car is even more responsive now :D so i wound the boost up 2 notches :)

thanks guys for the help!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good to hear that the car is back on the road for ya mate....did you get an aftermarket second hand pump or a second hand standard pump?....if it is stocker then maybe time to save up and get a aftermarket one aye :ermm:

good to hear that the car is back on the road for ya mate....did you get an aftermarket second hand pump or a second hand standard pump?....if it is stocker then maybe time to save up and get a aftermarket one aye :(

i bought a standard 2nd hand pump off my mate from his spare 33 for 50$ which im happy. but i will now save and buy a aftermarket :))

if you bought a standard 33 pump theres no way it should have been larger than your original. Was your car ever an N/A? You wont get more response from a fuel pump, it was probably struggling to pump the amount of fuel required, your lucky you changed it when you did.

if you bought a standard 33 pump theres no way it should have been larger than your original. Was your car ever an N/A? You wont get more response from a fuel pump, it was probably struggling to pump the amount of fuel required, your lucky you changed it when you did.

thats a valid point damo. and not sure if it was N/A unfortunately.

but theres now bad news.. my car is dead again! fuel pump is working fine, fuses are fine. the car cranks but just doesnt wana start >.< one problem after another! anyone know what may be wrong? could a coil pack have died and it refuses to start the car? what happened was i was at my mates and hopped out the car cos mate wanted to look under the hood then the car started to idle up and down then the car turned off... anyone know of this happening and would know what could be wrong with it?

give your afm a quick clean to see if that is the issue....also try another afm if you can get hold of it just to rule out the afm is the issue.....i remember the same symptoms when my mates afm died