SAU Community

Welcome Me Brothers...

pistol-pete

Gday everyone,

As the title says, i recently got myself into the jap import world with a '98 Series 2 RS4S. its pearl white and is stock apart from a 3" turbo back exhaust that the previous owner put on. Ive been crawling around the forums for the last couple weeks so now ive finally got round to introducing myself. as i said this is my first jap import and also my first turbo car so im a newbie when it comes to these motors. im sure ill have plenty of questions to fire at you guys in the future. so far though im absolutely loving the stag. i think mechanically ive bought a pretty decent example, runs like a dream. also this is the first 4wd sports car ive owned and im loving all the extra grip :) cant wait til ive got some spare cash to start the mods, the bugs already bitten lol.

my first question to my fellow c34 owners is about the apparently abundant wing mirror rust issue. has anyone in adelaide taken their stag to a body shop to get this sorted? if so would you recommend them? its something that mine has and i would like to get it fixed up but i am worried about finding a body shop that will be able to match the pearl white good enough. would a respray of the doors even be necessary as i only have id say a 5x50mm section under each mirror?

anyway any help regarding this issue will be appreciated.

ps. id love to get to the next adelaide meet (work permitting)

Welcome Pete!

Good choice, S2 and manual.

Regarding the wing mirror rust you have two main options:

1. Use the excellent tutorial of a few weeks ago and do it yourself. You sould be able to spray the affected area yourself with a spray can (can be made to suit your car) and the difference is unlikely to be noticed by anyone but yourself...or

2. Get it done professionally - they will want to spray the whole door.

Re the mods - you already have the most important basic mod in the 3in turbo back exhaust. With the S2 you won't need a front mount until you upgrade the turbo so my pick would be a highflow panel filter for the stock airbox (cheap -around $100 -$120) and then a Nistune chip and a good tune - that should get you pretty close to 200kw and any spare cash could be spent on the supension!

Good luck!

Use the excellent tutorial of a few weeks ago and do it yourself

:)

Also should ad into the tutorial thread that if you have visible damage while mirrors are still on but its not to far down, grenador style mirrors actually go lower and will most likely cover up the damage.

as I said when writing the tutorial, if you can already see rust while the mirrors are on your going to find significant rust underneath.

If people dont have rust thats visable id still be pulling the mirrors off, removing the foam and treating the area as on a 10+ yo car its going to be present...

Welcome to SAU, and to the Stagea section of the forums!

Good to hear you're enjoying your new wheels - I've had mine (a green s1 converted to manual by the previous owner) for just over 4 years, and I still love driving it and using it in so many ways.

It's awesome to have a sporty car that can carry so much stuff when I need it to, and a wagon that can be sporty when I'm in the mood for a bit of a cruise/drive. I also love that it flies under the radar of the constabulary (but it's likely that always having had a clean record on my licence helps).

It's also awesome to see how much though the designers put into the car, with little details and luxuries that still don't appear in new cars, yet the Stagea is nearing 14 years old!

but yeah my first thoughts were about getting the tien super wagon kit

Welcome to the forums!

One thing i might just say about the super wagon kit, i dont think they actually

make it for the "S". The only down side with having the manual is there are alot

more auto's out there, and there are some differences between the two so alot

of the stuff is made for them and not the manuals. A main difference between

the manuals and the autos is the suspension, so just make sure before you go

and buy something that states its for either "Stagea" or "WGNC34", that its

actually suited to the manual.

Welcome to the forums!

One thing i might just say about the super wagon kit, i dont think they actually

make it for the "S". The only down side with having the manual is there are alot

more auto's out there, and there are some differences between the two so alot

of the stuff is made for them and not the manuals. A main difference between

the manuals and the autos is the suspension, so just make sure before you go

and buy something that states its for either "Stagea" or "WGNC34", that its

actually suited to the manual.

oh ok. so would something made for the 260RS fit an RS4S?

and heres the only pics ive bothered taking of it so far :down: one is with my mates rims on it because i lent mine to him to go through regency and the other is with the smoked indicators i put on it today :down:

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg

I went to evolutions crash repairs when i got hit in my stagea and they matched the white pearl perfectly there was now difference in colour at all its on prospect rd and they quoted me 400 dollars to get it down but i have pretty much nothing there so it didn't anything