SAU Community

Warning Light?

Jack_Sky

Hey,

Had my 32 gtst for a couple of months now, and the light(check pics, red light on the left) on the right hand side of the dash next to the 'door open' light is flickering at me. The light looks like a radiator symbol (4 straight lines going into a square with steam symbols over the top)???

it seems like its only going on when i go over bumps and it shakes the car. The temp in my car is fine, checked the rad and all is good, engine sounds fine. i have been tinkering with the wiring loom lately and have found it to to be very disorganized and untidy. so im thinking its just a wire tripping it.

just wanna know what light it actually is???

and if this light usually goes on, and stays on when there is a problem, instead of just flickering???

and what the problem could be???

cheers.

post-44022-1266666856_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jack_Sky

that is the CAT Temp Sensor Warning Light. that light comes on when the CAT gets too hot. stick your head under the car, passenger side, and you should be able to see a sensor screwed into the side of the cat. a couple reasons you getting that light could be, your cat has collapsed and isn't flowing that well, therefore getting hot. or, your sensor has been removed, which i have seen done a bit when installing aftermarket cats that don't come with a bung for the sensor, as far as i know it isn't a problem to do this, as the sensor only lights up that warning light.

if your sure your cat is ok, or the sensor just isn't there, you can always just remove the bulb from that warning light on the back of the cluster so you don't have it lit up. you could search the forums for Cat Temp Sensor and you might be able to find out some more info.

Edited by QWK32

Yeh thatd' be it.. the temp sensor wire has been cut and just taped together by the previous owner, god knows why???... but that would explain.

what is the PFC?

cheers, jack.

PFC = Apexi Power FC :)