SAU Community

A Current Affair Hoons

cell

what can we do to push the dipsticks out?

is there much we can do?

its a basic question of where do you start? the government seems to want to start from the highest punishment and ban you from the roads for life, is this such a far fetched call?

on a smaller scale for example, could we ban people who drive stupidly and do burnouts on cruises? ok we get their number plates, and maybe go to the cops and ask for a name, but then what? should we start taking a roll call at every meet, and then asking Johnny who did a skid at the last meet to leave, and drive cautisouly as he exits?

we are unfortunately never going to completely get rid of guys doing this sort of thing, but the more of us who attempt to do the right thing can only hope to lead some form of example?

Cheers Bengi

p.s sorry bout the rant

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there much we can do?

its a basic question of where do you start? the government seems to want to start from the highest punishment and ban you from the roads for life, is this such a far fetched call?

on a smaller scale for example, could we ban people who drive stupidly and do burnouts on cruises? ok we get their number plates, and maybe go to the cops and ask for a name, but then what? should we start taking a roll call at every meet, and then asking Johnny who did a skid at the last meet to leave, and drive cautisouly as he exits?

we are unfortunately never going to completely get rid of guys doing this sort of thing, but the more of us who attempt to do the right thing can only hope to lead some form of example?

Cheers Bengi

p.s sorry bout the rant

Hi there, am pretty sure that there is a way, however with the Government it would cost money, these undesireables need somewhere to do these things as in a race track, I am going to start a post and see what people think

Um... we already have a track and me and other people already use it.

Um... we already have a track and me and other people already use it.

Cheers mate, started another thread Post but dont think its going to go any where, I am getting sick of leaving my GTR locked in the garage because of the dipsticks and the attention they have caused

Suppose, if you drive a car that stands out, and isn't conforming to ADR standards, i guess you have to expect to be pulled over/targeted.

Police attention comes with driving a modified car. Never going to change that.

Suppose, if you drive a car that stands out, and isn't conforming to ADR standards, i guess you have to expect to be pulled over/targeted.

Police attention comes with driving a modified car. Never going to change that.

Yep, and with our cars being old and cheap they are very easy for the young idiots to get hold of. I've had my Skyline since about 2005 and i was targeted then as much as i am now so its not a new thing thats for sure.

I have wondered why we cant dob on hoon drivers like they do in NZ , people who overtake dangerously (common) in NZ because of winding roads and all other burnouts ETC .

Over there the public can ring up a system thats collects data on drivers and there rego , its 3 strikes and the police come to your door , to scare the piss out of you with a fine , i think this would deter most motorists

I have wondered why we cant dob on hoon drivers like they do in NZ , people who overtake dangerously (common) in NZ because of winding roads and all other burnouts ETC .

Over there the public can ring up a system thats collects data on drivers and there rego , its 3 strikes and the police come to your door , to scare the piss out of you with a fine , i think this would deter most motorists

NO Dob on drivers, dobbing means sifting out the liars from the truth, no leave it to the law unless you have video, or written evidence

Does not and will not work

we already have something like that. ive received a few.

i was reported for doing burnouts in a fairly public area mid afternoon one day. got a letter from the police with the alleged time of the offence and a warning to modify my driving behavior.

heres the kicker.

i was at work from 9am to 9pm that day.

we already have something like that. ive received a few.

i was reported for doing burnouts in a fairly public area mid afternoon one day. got a letter from the police with the alleged time of the offence and a warning to modify my driving behavior.

heres the kicker.

i was at work from 9am to 9pm that day.

DUDE!!!!!!! i've had the same shit!!! i was reported **SPEEDING in a quite neighbourhood** around lunch time in prospect, but the thing was i was at work...

ive got 10 or something now. all for offences i allegedly committed when i was in hospital/at work/asleep/interstate or the car was in bits/at the shop.

Edited by scandyflick

Hopefully I dont get flamed too badly for this, but really how dangerous is a burnout such as this? Note: I am trying not saying this behaviour is cool or

should be legal but I do think burnouts are overhyped as dangerous sometimes

Does anyone have any footage/youtube videos of people being killed/injured by a SLOW MOVING burnout done in a mildy powered car gone wrong, I mean it was an auto rb20 (i think) so it couldnt have been putting out 1000 horsepower. Lets just say he did lose control sideways at 10kmph what would realistically happen? Would he magically plow into the crowd at 90kmph and somehow kill 12? The only burnout I have seen kill people was that Australian in a several thousand hp dragster on big fat slicks in america that was going at a pretty quick pace (comapred to 5-10kmph) when he lost it.

And as for the crowds, lets be honest most of them were lovin it, cheering and egging the guy on. Hardly innocent victims of hoon terror. If you were in this situation and genuinely feared for your safety I think you would have time to clear the area before anything happened instead of standing around watching.

And as for the crowds, lets be honest most of them were lovin it, cheering and egging the guy on. Hardly innocent victims of hoon terror. If you were in this situation and genuinely feared for your safety I think you would have time to clear the area before anything happened instead of standing around watching.

My thoughts exactly.

People say the guy might lose control & injury/kill the "innocent" by standers, but from what I can see from the film, none of them are what I would classify as "innocent", seems to me that they knew it was illegal & made their choice to stand & watch so therefore they should know & accept the risks involved if something does go wrong. Maybe they lack the brain cells to process that part, but it still doesn't make them any more innocent.

I know I'm surely not going to be standing anywhere near the burnout car.

Only in the case if someone was just passing by & got hit by the burnout gone wrong then I would classify them as "innocent".

you want Rann to get back in , im leaving this state all together if it happens , he has policed this state beyond belief i couldnt think of a worse out come .No one should vote for this blood sucker

????? how the hell did you draw that conclusion?! in the world of betting, if something is more likely to win (in this case, Labour, according to those odds), they are worth less in a payout. conversely, those who are more likely to lose, attract a better payout, because there's les chance that it will happen. Going by those odds, Liberal is paying better, therefore the bookies have deemed them less likely to win. i said that it was depressing, looking that odds that are so far apart. if it was labout 1.50 to liberal 1.70 i'd be a bit more hopeful.

its a basic question of where do you start?

PR! ACTUAL public relations, not charity cruises that get 5 lines in the corner of the third last page in a newspaper (not that charity cruises aren't good, but you can't go to a charity cruise and try and leverage PR from it. You're meant to be giving the PR to the chairty.)

you start with an organised body who are united by a common cause, with a common goal and are willing to do something about it. you create a definitive set of guidelines that these members will abide by and you create a public presence based on those actions. you take the Ghandi approach to everything that is thrown your way, until people start talking about you, then you start throwing your message out there.

it really is not that hard. it just requires good people, time, money and a bit of dedication. generally those four are found on forums too, but not all in the one place.

Hopefully I dont get flamed too badly for this, but really how dangerous is a burnout such as this? Note: I am trying not saying this behaviour is cool or

he was ripping it on a crowded street if he slipped on the brakes he could either smak a drunk fool crossing without realizing what was happening or maybe even lost the rear end and gone into the people sitting at the cafe's. not likely but possible, especially if the driver dosnt know what there doing.

heres a nice example of a quality burnout.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-a...3-1225807350240

i agree its way overhyped, the guy seemed to be in pretty good control of his car, however it wasnt really the safest spot to do it. if it was in a empty car park with no passengers i wouldnt have a problem with it. however the law wouldnt see any difference.

Edited by Inline 6