SAU Community

A Current Affair Hoons

cell

you see more falcon/commadore hoons because they are the most common car on the road. i see just a many skyline owners that just have to show me that there skyline is better/more powerful than mine by trying to race or getting wheel spin. im guilty of spirited driving too and i would say that most people with a skyline have done it at some stage.

I agree that going to the track would make is easier to behave on the road by getting your fix so to speak, but i have yet to see a track that is free of charge like the road. thats how you get hoons of the road in my opinion, like a bmx/skate park kind of setup for cars. i know im dreaming

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you see more falcon/commadore hoons because they are the most common car on the road. i see just a many skyline owners that just have to show me that there skyline is better/more powerful than mine by trying to race or getting wheel spin. im guilty of spirited driving too and i would say that most people with a skyline have done it at some stage.

I agree that going to the track would make is easier to behave on the road by getting your fix so to speak, but i have yet to see a track that is free of charge like the road. thats how you get hoons of the road in my opinion, like a bmx/skate park kind of setup for cars. i know im dreaming

pretty much answered your own theory/question......it will never happen.....specially if the rann govt is still in power.....because they believe that a race track here in SA closer then lala would get more people hooning on the roads....look at all the other states....they all have a circuit and a drag strip......for f**k sake tasmania even has a drag strip

like a bmx/skate park kind of setup for cars. i know im dreaming

lol worked with the people who used to skate at shopping centers but unfortunately i cant see it working as easy with cars. there needs to be people running a track due to the safety issues. so it will always cost $.

as long as its not stupidly priced it should get people off the streets though.

lol worked with the people who used to skate at shopping centers but unfortunately i cant see it working as easy with cars. there needs to be people running a track due to the safety issues. so it will always cost $.

as long as its not stupidly priced it should get people off the streets though.

you can go to mallala for $125. There is no excuse

i cant afford $125 for a track day. but that is just the cost to get into the track not fuel/helmut, break pads etc. im sure for a lot of people on here that is nothing but to me that is alot.

im not saying that because i cant afford a trackday it gives me an excuse to hoon. but car enthusiats come from all walks of life.

i cant afford $125 for a track day. but that is just the cost to get into the track not fuel/helmut, break pads etc. im sure for a lot of people on here that is nothing but to me that is alot.

im not saying that because i cant afford a trackday it gives me an excuse to hoon. but car enthusiats come from all walks of life.

You better not ever get busted speeding then because even a small fine would be that much.

If you can't afford that much for a track day I'm wondering if you're driving the right car ... performance cars cost money, pure and simple. A lot of people would spend $125 a week in fuel alone, just in normal driving. If you can't afford to put $30-$40 a week aside to use the car the way it's meant to be used, maybe you need to sell up and buy something more within your budget. Otherwise what's the point? You don't need 220 kW to do 110 km/h, and in city traffic all it's going to do is waste fuel.

I appreciate that you love cars but you need to appreciate your life circumstances. I've held off buying my dream car until now because I couldn't afford it. I really don't understand the point of a powerful car unless you're going to drive fast, and the only place to do that is the track.