SAU Community

Phillip Island Classic 2010

willL

made the trek from adelaide to help pit crew the dr30's debut race since 1987.

did really well. the gtr's had a couple of issues, the baffles in the tank of terrys car in race 3 disintegrated and was picked up into the fuel pump and filter.. also the fuel rail popped off of the dr30 during practice on friday, scary moment but other than that it ran beautifully considering its been parked for nearly 20 years.

have hundreds of photos i have to upload from the pit wall and around the dummy grid etc. was a great experience.

In the Friday qualifying session Terry clocked a 1:44.9819! thats one for track guys who are going to phillip island in april for the wrx club day to think about... :)

Gimme 10inch slicks and 300 less kilos (about the weight difference to my car) and I'd be pretty confident! ;)

See the thread on what the DR has been doing here

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ge...in-t313783.html

Car will be left as raced, and not restored. It does have to have some paint repaired after the fire.

This was Rod Marklands first outing in the GIO GTR after his HR31. He was having trouble adjusting to the car, which I think is understandable. He spun in Race 4 at the end of the straight.

Terry had fuel pickup issues in race three, after the foam in the fuel cell started breaking down.

The HR31 has been sold to a local fellow, who will be bringing it out to play with us at most of the future events.

The RX7 wasn't disqualified, but his position wasn't logged, as the car didn't have a log book.

This is an awesome event, heaps of people on the Sunday, and lots of folks thrilled to see the GIO GTR and the DR back out there again. I couldn't beleive how popular the DR30 was.

As always the Winfield number 1 car was immaculate. I am so in awe of this car.

I had a ball, and thanks to all the helpers, and people who travelled from Adeladie to give me a hand with the car.

Edited by cazz

Hi Cazz, i'm glad its out racing again, it is what it was built for after all. That little bit of yellow under the bonnet just adds to the race car look, I wouldn't worry about it. :O

Someone did a great job cleaning up all that dry powder, messy stuff and gets everywhere.

I saw a crazy Skyline lady getting into the red R35, was that you?

Yep, that was me. Oooh hang on, there was a female driver from Nissan, I was a passenger in the front seat on their first run out.

Edited by cazz

Cazz, the DR is jsut awesome, watched those youtoobs and i tellya... im a fan!!!!

I love the noise from the gearchanges. If you watch Seto driving his DR at Bathurst 1987 in the wet, his car makes exactly the same noises. Going to be really interesting to see if I can actually change gears in this thing lol.

I have just loved the DR's since I saw Gavin's car. Until then, I didn't know much about them, but what a tough little car they are.

Craig at the wheel of the DR, slamming the dogbox into gear. :O

Good videos there. If I'd known this event was on I probably would have headed down to watch.

I imagine the guy in the VL was in need of a new pair of underwear after that off!