SAU Community

Fuel Setup's

Luke_ENR34

Hey guys

Doing a fuel set-up in the 34 to run E85.

So far ive got:

RCI 15 Gallon fuel cell. Gravity fed, baffled, foamed, 2 outlets on the bottom, one vent and a inlet on top

Pederson Swirl pot

1600cc Bosch injectors

Sard fpr

2x Bosch 044 external fuel pumps

Just wondering what low pressure external fuel pumps you recommend to use as lift pumps to get the fuel from the cell to the swirl pot?

Also can u guys post your fuel setups? Wanna get some ideas of where to mount what.

Cheers :)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use a stock GTR pump to feed the Swirl pot. It has a higher flow rate than the 040 or the 042 boch units. Then a high rate pump to feed the fuel rail. Maybe an Aeromotive A1000 450 litres an hour at 42 PSI.

1600cc injectors would be a bit of am overkill even for E85. You are not runnings over 20 pSI are you? 1000cc would prob be better and still have good idle resolution.

Edited by Tektrader69

Use a stock GTR pump to feed the Swirl pot. It has a higher flow rate than the 040 or the 042 boch units. Then a high rate pump to feed the fuel rail. Maybe an Aeromotive A1000 450 litres an hour at 42 PSI.

1600cc injectors would be a bit of am overkill even for E85. You are not runnings over 20 pSI are you? 1000cc would prob be better and still have good idle resolution.

Steveo just ran out of DC on 1000CC injectors at 6000RPM on 23PSi...

Also, what does the Aeromotive flor at 65PSi? Have any flow VS pressure maps? Might be great to flow 450Litres at basic rail pressure (IE, atmospheric pressure) but hit 20PSi, and at 62PSi, what does it flow?

Also, the lift pump won't be under pressure, so it'll flow more then both of the pressurised 044s are...

is the cell alluminium? if so you could modify it to house an 040 intank pump as your lift.

id remove the foam with e85, or leave a small piece sitting in some to make sure it doesnt break down. e85 is pretty corrosive.

Hey guys

Doing a fuel set-up in the 34 to run E85.

So far ive got:

RCI 15 Gallon fuel cell. Gravity fed, baffled, foamed, 2 outlets on the bottom, one vent and a inlet on top

Pederson Swirl pot

1600cc Bosch injectors

Sard fpr

2x Bosch 044 external fuel pumps

Just wondering what low pressure external fuel pumps you recommend to use as lift pumps to get the fuel from the cell to the swirl pot?

Also can u guys post your fuel setups? Wanna get some ideas of where to mount what.

Cheers :blush:

The cell is alloy and theres no fittings on the inside to mount anything.

Been told by a few people that the foam should be ok for E85. Will also be running a few fuel filters to make sure :blush:

Edited by Luke_ENR34

Steveo just ran out of DC on 1000CC injectors at 6000RPM on 23PSi...

Also, what does the Aeromotive flor at 65PSi? Have any flow VS pressure maps? Might be great to flow 450Litres at basic rail pressure (IE, atmospheric pressure) but hit 20PSi, and at 62PSi, what does it flow?

Also, the lift pump won't be under pressure, so it'll flow more then both of the pressurised 044s are...

The A1000 is a pretty full on fuel pump. Its MASSIVE.

http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-page/fue...1000-fuel-pump/

Flow graphs are at the end of the link.

The alternative is twin 042 bosch But IMO a twin system is overly complex.

I am running Stock Z32 TT fuel pump to the swirl pot and A1000 via AN10 lines to the fuel rail.

On a RB26 GTR engine its pretty odd that 23PSI would MAX 1000cc injectors, But with a good pump setup a few PSI increase in rail pressure would probabaly fix that.

Is he running an RB30 bottom end ? I would have thought 25+ PSI on an RB26 would have been close to maxing 1000cc injectors. Whats his reliability like at that level of boost?

Edited by Tektrader69

As said, I maxed out 1000's a couple of weeks ago at 23psi, 6300rpm just a tad over 400kw on e85

Its now got ID2000's

The rest of the setup is;

044 intank pump to surge

Twin 044's from surge to the rail

Twin entry rail

Remote mounted Nismo FPR

The surge tank is big, it's something like 4.5/5 L

I'm a bit concerned about the surge tank being emptied under constant high load/rpm so I've got to make sure the ECU has the fuel pumps setup right

Car is being tuned again this week and will rev to 9500rpm on E85 on about 2bar boost.

Hope this helps with your project

Thats awesome mate,

Really helps. I got a 2.5L swirl pot. Would u recommend going bigger? say a 5L. Will be going down the 26/30 track later on and wanna get all the fuel system sorted now.

Cheers.

Ok cool glad to help

also it's got speedflow fittings throughout. Not the cheapest option but it's one of those things where "do it once and do it right"

When doing mine, all I could find was generic cylinder style tanks that were all designed to be fitted in the boot

So, I came up with an idea of mounting it under the car with the pumps attached, I can't weld though so took it all to my normal mechanic and he did it all for me as I'd asked for. The only thing he suggested was that I wanted 3L and he was adamant that each pump should have at least 2L, so we went bigger again just to be safe.

Don't buy 1000's, get 1600 Indy blues at least

The best injectors are the ID's, but they're not cheap. I got them for $250 each, Bosch Indy blues I managed to find as low as $83 each.

Well I'm nowhere compared to Stevo-o but I'm also considering swapping to E85.

Currently my 32 GTS-t runs a quite stock RB20, and hopefully some E85 could liven the old girl up.

I'm running the standard in tank pump, with a 3 odd litre swirl tank and a Bosch 010 pump feeding GTR injectors.

I've been told I'll need a new in tank lift pump to cope with E85 as the standard one will get eaten by it (how will the factory steel tank cope?), and I'm wondering if the 850cc injectors I have will cope flow wise?

Mate 850cc's from my experience will be significantly smaller than that.

There's numerous threads saying to expect a 25% change, but it's more like 45/50% on power runs at least

Mate get some 1000's and you'll be fine ;)