SAU Community

Rb20 Problem Need Quick Solution!

Ty$

ok i bought a r32 cheap, obiously there was a reason why an this im guessing is it,

its a r32 with high mount turbo bla bla bla

what seems to be happening is the oil is getting into the coolant somewhere, the actual engine oil doesnt get mixed it stays clear but the coolant is milky as fark, the gauge doesnt work in the car but it is overheating an emptying the radiator fast,

soo im guessing headgasket??? a oil chamber is leaking into coolant chamber?? but why doesnt the oil galerys get coolant in them ???

the guy i bought it off had engine oil in a coolant container ? is it possible he topped up radiator with the engine oil an thats why it keeps boiling quick ??

the car has no boost at all im getin a flat 0 on the gauge with minimal power

help someone out there!!!!!!!!

maybe get a compression check, if its the head gasket thats gone as soon as it will try to boost it will just be leaking the boost out of the gasket, hence no boost, and you would have to be really stupid to put oil in the radiator,

ther may not be coolant in the oil because its more combustion gases that are getting into the coolant,

when ur car has been sitting over night does it turn over slowly for the first crank, if it does it could be coolant leaking back into the cylinder, but twhen its running the combustion is pushes into the coolant.

well i fully flushed out all the oil in the coolant, i rang the previous owner n he did say he put the "coolant" (actually oil) into the overflow bottle, i now have the other problems to look at which are

no boost max im getting on the gauge is 0 lol

smoke coming out of the catch can filter but its not even connected right ( is a line ment to go to sump? i only got to coming off top cover)

small amount of white smoke coming from exhaust on start up an rough idle on start up??

I would be pulling the head off.

Like some have said i would say your head gasket is well and truly shagged.

Either take the head off or put a 2nd motor in.

Edited by Scradly

we can rule out the head,

i drove the car for over 1hr today

coolant remained same level no mixture of oil n water in ether motor or ratiator

i figured out why its not coming on boost lol im not reving it high enough!! DUHH lol over 5000rpm it starts up (i dont thrash my cars much)

only problem remaining is white smoke on start up??

there should be boost well before 5 grand unless u have a mammoth turbo

a standard 32 should start spooling at probs about 2-2.5 grand under load and have full boost by 3.5-4

He did say it had a high mount.. and full boost on a stock RB20 with stock turbo by 3500rpm?? That's when the 25 turbo on my RB20 was making 12psi.