SAU Community

I Just Bought An R31 Silhouette

coupe72001

So I had been in the market for a paddock-basher and stumbled across a front-end smashed r31 silhouette going cheap. Of course as soon as the cash left my hand I developed an attachment to it and now I'm not prepared to sacrifice it. I'll have a go at repairing it instead.

Should have bought a hyundai...

that was supposed to be cop

Oh, I see. someones done that funny thing to the computer that when you type in certain words they show up as another. A popular trick at my work. I'll try this P I G. Very funny by the way

You will get a heap of help for parts from these two sites as well:

www.r31skylineclub.com

and

www.classicskylinesaustralia.com.au

Funny thing about R31's and how we get all wound up and passionate about them.

Have been productive pulling off and scraping damaged parts, and less so with the pics.

I need a complete front end: bonnet, bumper, front spoiler, driver's side h/light and panel, aircon fan and irritatingly, radiator (turns out the engine fan has nicked it after all.)

I also need to pull the radiator support forward an inch, and are thinking of doing this with the assistance of a chain and sturdy tree.

Still keen to repair, but not interested in spending a fortune. Anyone got a basket case series one R31 or spotted one at a local Vic wrecker?

The rest of the car is lovely and I've have had a pleasant week poring over service history and getting acquainted with modern features I've never played with before like central locking and the Nissan headphones for the rear passengers.

I have a month of permit to either get the car fully rego'd, club rego'd or retire it to the bush for punishment/stripping.

There are PLENTY of shite bags here to pillage parts from

http://motamota.r31skylineclub.com/index.php?board=26.0

there is a parts section too.

very common to see a slapper go for $500.

number one rule though, im sorry guys, but do not buy anything from south australia, there are so many dodgey sellers ther its near impossible to moderate.

if they are a well-known member then go for it, but still take it easy

Wow... that is a ton of cars. Will stick to Victorian sellers, out of convenience more than anything.

slip over to Center rd wreckers, and Jollys a few good front ends there, you can even use S3 front guards,

is the car auto or man?i may have a radiator, maybe i cant remeber if i chucked it out