SAU Community

Who Is A Decent Backyard Mechanic / Trans Guy

dato$2nv

really after a backyard mechanic / transmission guy who can do all my illegala nd regular modifications and will take cash money and not screw me around ,,, atm need a manual transmission service,, nothing major but yeah cash money what we agree is reasonable ,, but me and my mates always after a good backyarder mechanic!!!! pm me if you know anyone cheers lads!!!

Good work ain't cheap ... Cheap work ain't good.

I'm all for doing the work myself ... but when it comes to transmission and engine longevity, I'd put my car in the hands of a reputable shop.

;)

unless there's some kind of "I won't touch this illegal transmission" disease in SA, i don't know that ANY transmission shop, worth their salt, will turn your transmission away.

i was talkign mroe along the lines of gutting cats because i have had atleast 8 shops refuse to do the work , and i am well aware there are plenty or realy good shops out there but would prefer to get someone that cuts out the gst and overhead cost of work and gets the same result!!!

i was talkign mroe along the lines of gutting cats because i have had atleast 8 shops refuse to do the work , and i am well aware there are plenty or realy good shops out there but would prefer to get someone that cuts out the gst and overhead cost of work and gets the same result!!!

The penalty for gutting cats only applies to businesses and it's $10k so you won't find a business that will do it. and really it's only 4 bolts so just do it yourself.