SAU Community

M35 Exhaust

Brendan&Ana

Ana Here guys.

trying to find a pre fab turbo back 3inch exhaust for my 2003 m35 stag, any help would b great

thanks guys and girls

All the pref fabed ones are out of Japan. The Legalis is one of the more popular ones around.

Mine is a 3 inch from the turbo back with a 3 inch dump pipe which flows very well and is not too noisy. Mine was made to the car by Charleston Exhaust in Blacktown, Sydney. He does need the car for a day but it s avey good install that delivers performance but with out all the drone of some exhausts.

Cheers

Andy

All the pref fabed ones are out of Japan. The Legalis is one of the more popular ones around.

Mine is a 3 inch from the turbo back with a 3 inch dump pipe which flows very well and is not too noisy. Mine was made to the car by Charleston Exhaust in Blacktown, Sydney. He does need the car for a day but it s avey good install that delivers performance but with out all the drone of some exhausts.

Cheers

Andy

Andy, can you confirm if Charleston ever developed a dump pipe? They were going to and they had Craig's stock dump to use as a basis for the mould but he needed the dump back before they did anything with it. I don't know if it ever got back there, if not I might have to get hold of one because I would like to see what he could come up with :down:

I'll be getting the turbo back treatment there also once I get some major stuff out of the way first, have to get myself a job again before I start thinking about it.

I have not seen what he developed but he fitted a 3 inch dump pipe to Danny's car when he did the exhaust. I don't know that he can make them up without the car for a day.

Cheers

Andy

I have not seen what he developed but he fitted a 3 inch dump pipe to Danny's car when he did the exhaust. I don't know that he can make them up without the car for a day.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks mate, I will call in and get the low down sometime this week. I was going to pop in and say howdy to him the other day but there was a bit of traffic on sunnyholt road and I had an annoying kid in the back :devil:

I was going to use Charlestone Exhaust over a year ago but at that time the flange profile was not available and the car was going to be stored with Bruce for a few days while the stock flange was copied. At the time my wife couldn't do without the car so unfortunately it didn't happen.

Anyway, I ended up buying a stainless custom dump pipe off ebay and found out it was made by Westside Mufflers. After speaking to Brad about just fitting the dump I ended up getting him to make the rest stainless 3 inch exhaust too. It was a bit of an experiment and the quality of installation is excellent. Only problem is that the end result is noisy (see 'drone' above).

The car is going back in a for a resonator box to be installed which I think is what the Lagalis (cat back only?) comes with standard.

Would recommend either Charlestone or Westside if you go for a custom exhaust.

Ive been considering the Kakimoto R cat back for the M35, but unfortunately I would really like to hear some feedback on this exhaust, as i dont want that annoying drone. I have driven a Legalis equiped exhaust on the M35 (and used to have one on my C34) however the M35 I drove with the legalis was alot slower than my stock M35 - but you couldnt even tell it had an aftermarket exhaust, very quiet indeed.

Ben.

The Kakimoto R is a little bassier than the Legalis and is about as quiet (both 86db @ 3000rpm with stock dump & front pipe).

The Kaki is a little larger in diameter (80mm compared to the Fujitsubo's 76mm).

I guess it all comes down to the muffler appearance between these two.

If you want a single 115mm tip, go with the Kakimoto R

If you want dual 96mm tips, go with the Fujisubo Legalis

Also, out of suriosity, does anyone have the twin square tipped Nismo exhaust on their M35?

The Kakimoto R is a little bassier than the Legalis and is about as quiet (both 86db @ 3000rpm with stock dump & front pipe).

The Kaki is a little larger in diameter (80mm compared to the Fujitsubo's 76mm).

I guess it all comes down to the muffler appearance between these two.

If you want a single 115mm tip, go with the Kakimoto R

If you want dual 96mm tips, go with the Fujisubo Legalis

Also, out of suriosity, does anyone have the twin square tipped Nismo exhaust on their M35?

nah. i've only got the sound control large oval tip exhaust, i also still suspect it's locked in silent mode :action-smiley-069: hence why my car sounds like a vacumm cleaner unless you really pick-up the revs. the switch under the steering wheel appears to do nothing when switched between silent and sport and vice versa. bloody compliancer's!

Ive got stainless flanges here...

Ive jigged up off the original to make a few dumps if anyone is interested.

I will post some pics in a week or so when Ive made another one, I had to redesign the dump as Iamhe's one was too big to fit. Just waiting on the lower flanges to be laser cut.

Ana Here guys.

trying to find a pre fab turbo back 3inch exhaust for my 2003 m35 stag, any help would b great

thanks guys and girls

I would have to give my money on Charleston Exhaust for a complete system.......been using them for about 20 years now and they have never let me down with any custom setup. Bruce will make up a bump on the spot for you if asked....just needs your car for the day though.

I would have to give my money on Charleston Exhaust for a complete system.......been using them for about 20 years now and they have never let me down with any custom setup. Bruce will make up a bump on the spot for you if asked....just needs your car for the day though.

would prefer some1 in newcastle

would prefer some1 in newcastle

would be nothing better than a road trip from blacktown back to newcastle with a brand new exhaust chirping away :)

would be nothing better than a road trip from blacktown back to newcastle with a brand new exhaust chirping away :woot:

ok

1. what sort of cost r we lookin at

2.who is going 2 meet up with us

3. are they open saturday's

ok

1. what sort of cost r we lookin at

2.who is going 2 meet up with us

3. are they open saturday's

1. Ring Bruce http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/charl...haust/blacktown

2. If I have the time I can meet.....If it's soon and you haven't fixed it already i'll have a look at the sound your complaining about in the front end!

3. Seems so but you will have to confirm it with Bruce.

Edited by Jetwreck

1. Ring Bruce http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/charl...haust/blacktown

2. If I have the time I can meet.....If it's soon and you haven't fixed it already i'll have a look at the sound your complaining about in the front end!

3. Seems so but you will have to confirm it with Bruce.

alrite thanks for that tried callin 2day no answer when i get in contact with him ill let u know what we goin 2 do

did get a quote from the guy that did the exhaust on brendans rs4s lilford exhaust thornton $1250 3" mild steel turbo back does this sound like a good price??