SAU Community

My R34 Gtr

Wow, i only just realised while flicking through my Superlap photos that this is your car. I knew the plates seemed familiar. I have some video footage of your car idling. Sounded tough. What's under there?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Huy! That would've been me in the car lol.

Would you have a link to the video by any chance?

HAHAHAHAH.. Nicely played! :cheers:

Well, fully rebuilt motor, bigger cams, twin Garrett 2871-r turbos, plus all your other supporting mods.

It was running super rich on the day. I'm still waiting on my boost controller to arrive before I go in for another touch up on the tuning

LOL now where's that link !!! :yes:

What link? I lied! :cheers:

It's on my camera. I'm just trying to remember where the USB cable is so i can actually upload my Superlap pics/vids..

hahaha Yeah I know, just had some people asking me to post up a video of it running, but been too lazy that's all lol

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone,

It has been a fair while since I've posted up anything, so I might as well get one on, but before that, a short summary of what's been happening :P

Around about 2 months ago I was driving along the M4, and suddenly my blow off valve pipe had come off due to the pressure which then rooted all my plugs :P

Afterwards, I took it to my friends workshop where we had replaced the spark plugs. We checked the blow off valves and found out that the ones which came with the car had been ceased up so I changed them to twin HKS ones, with the intention of buying the plumb back piece and plumbing it back but it was a fairly big task, and one of the plumb back piece couldn't fit on the new SSQV3 series. I also had upgraded my hose clamps to some thick hardcore ones, and cleaned up the pipe hoses to prevent that from ever happening again.

My car then was running fine for the first 3 days or so, even better than before with the new blow off valves and plugs. All the sudden, the trouble came. It kept on backfiring whenever I would hit boost, and it was running rich as. Seeing as thought before I had a similar issue, all I did was gave it a boot to clear it up but it wasn't working at all this time. So I had taken it back to my friends workshop and thought to save myself some hard earned money I would attend to it when I had the time. During the next few weeks, with my friends aid and hes tools we've tested the car with hot and cold plugs, sent off the injectors to be tested, checked the fuel pressure regulator, coilpacks etc etc, with no luck at all. As soon as the car starts, it would misfire and burn out the plugs. (3 sets had to be sacrificed) After all that I didn't have much time due to a busy period at work so just left it sitting there until I had time to organise it to be taken somewhere else which had all the equipment, which was a good 2 weeks too.

Towing was organised and job booked in back at Hills Motorsports at Castle Hill where it had originally been worked on. They then carried out more tests to see what the problem was and it turned out to be the air flow metres and also the Apexi Power FC. It seems that the air flow metres were different to the ones they had installed before, and also the tune on the Power FC had resetted itself and it was running on a very old firmware which they said was very bizarre. Mark said he could fix the problem up, but would recommend me upgrading the PFC to the D-Jetro version and cut off the air flow metres completely if I wanted to spend the extra money. I then thought that I was already going to spend the money on a re-tune and all so I might as well go for the D-Jetro.

After that, there were problems with freight, and by the time that I had got the D-Jetro which was almost 2 weeks later, there was a ton of jobs sitting at Hills Motorsports which had set me back a little bit but the boys were on it straight away. After the wiring, installation of the map sensors, brand new set of plugs, oil change, the car was ready for a tune on the rollers. I was extremely anxious when it was getting set up, hoping that there wasn't any further problems. Besides an intercooler pipe blowing off, which then they had cleaned and had the hardcore heavy duty clamps installed it was ready for a proper tune and everything went off without a hitch :) So after a cold start tune this morning, they boys had the car washed and handed it over to me TODAY!!

So a huge thanks to Mark and the boys from Hills Motorsports and John from Autojoy in Clyde.

Thank you all for reading all that as well. I know, it wasn't short at all ;)

I'll also post up some horrible pics, and I shall upload some videos from the dyno a bit later.

cheers everyone,

Garland

Setting up:

SAM_4948.jpg

On the Rollers:

SAM_4959.jpg

Screen Print shot from video:

Untitled1.jpg

Screen Print shot from video:

Untitled1.jpg

Awesome shot and awesome car.

And adding to what you were talking about before in the thread about buying the GF something to even it out when u spend money on the car, i got 5 years before she figured it out ;)

Yup Ten Four.. All set up for you :P

Thanks Neil. hahahah wow 5 years is a really good run !

Yeah Tom, but the GTR isn't as comfortable as it seems LOL

Videos are now up from the dyno tune.

This was the very first run of the day which blew off the intercooler piping as you can see with all the smoke near the end. My dumbest moment of the day was me standing behind the car with no ear muffs or goggles on, which had left me momentarily deaf and blind :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa3imyz6GgE

Another run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XwgraA3hWM

One more run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDPRM9LPSmY

I'll assume that in this one he was just testing out all the gears :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_UoxPTH7_o

And this last one, just having a bit of fun revving the car with a bit of fireworks :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrOXrSFraN0

Hope everyone enjoys them!