SAU Community

Japanese Courses - Language Etc

Astro Bear

My mate was doing it and he wanted some time off to go away with his misso so asked if I would fill in.

Got on like a house on fire with the Master san of the joint and he sacked my mate and kept me because I could drink way more piss and stay sober.

The whole point of it is to get the customers buying drinks. Was great fun but crawling home at 5am 5 nights a week takes it toll.

You can make awesome coin on the tips from the ladies. You dont have to a model looking guy by any sorts, just a good drinker and good flirt and most of all..good bullshit artist !!

• 1 month later...

Try this site . http://www.icijapan.com/old_site/ICIenglish%28en%29.htm

You can either sign up for E learning or buy the books.

If you really want to speak street Japanese this is the way to go.

It is directed at natural English speakers only.

I have tried private tuition it is good but slow and expensive.

The online E learning has the best interface for self learning.

I have the books SUN 1,2 and 3 they explain every thing in a way you will understand and they have Cd's included also to get the pronunciation right.

Pimsleur is okay if you just want to get by but it is not street Japanese and you miss so much just listening to tapes.

This is designed for the English speaking western brain.

You may be able to get the books second hand on amazon

If you can get online everyday then the E Learning is excellent.  Albeit a tad expensive

I have tried learning Kanji the Japanese method ( write each kanji out over and over ) this is okay if you are a school kid starting from an early age.

There are also books where you learn Kanji by relating them to a picture someone dreamed up, this style is easy to forget.

I have learned Hirigana Katakana (easy) Kanji (harder) using Heisigs methods. There are no pictures just word and silly little story associations (. For an imaginative mind this is foolproof and really fast and permanent. http://kanji.koohii.com/

いつまでも頑張りますね  (always do your best)

Best of luck