SAU Community

Bump Stops & Dust Covers For Bilsteins On R33 Gts-t

Hi there everyone.

As the title states & I am currently chasing some replacement dust covers & bump stops to suit my new Bilstein/King spring package & am going to be running them at stock ride height.

The suspension shop I bought them from didn't really have anything to suit & another shop I have been to gave me the option of some steering boots, but they could not provide suitable bump stops.

I have also tried the local Nissan dealer but they were outrageously dear so that is out.

From the threads I have sifted through it appears that pedders has something that may suit & someone else used motorbike shock boots (motorcross style bikes I assume), but no mention once again of bump stops.

If anyone out there is using any of these solutions I'd appreciate your comments of how well they worked + any other good ideas

Cheers

Jared

Edited by J_Red33

Whiteline don't even appear to have a listing for these now anyway.

There was one other thing I had seen mentioned was that you should be able to get bilstein branded covers/stops. May have to call back the shop I got these from & see what they say.

Got the impression the guy selling them to me hadn't been there that long.

Ye I had the same difficulty when I was trying to find dust covers. I ended up getting Pedders one, they work ok if you like bright red! haha.

As far as bump stops I also went to Nissan and they were quite expensive. Maybe keep a eye out on here for people selling used shocks cheap. So did the Bilsteins not come with bump stops?

Ye I had the same difficulty when I was trying to find dust covers. I ended up getting Pedders one, they work ok if you like bright red! haha.

As far as bump stops I also went to Nissan and they were quite expensive. Maybe keep a eye out on here for people selling used shocks cheap. So did the Bilsteins not come with bump stops?

Have a look at these...

http://www.bc-racing.com.au/accessories.html

no idea if they'll fit exactly but they're so cheap it's worth just getting them to see.

Finally have a result. Went & visited a company here in Adelaide called Manta Racing & got some genuine Bilstein dust covers.

I had been to this shop before about getting the shocks but they had to get them from Germany = long wait.

Had a quick chat with the owner & it turns out that only an official dealer has access to these parts.

The best bit was they are normally $15 each, but he only had a second hand set in stock which he sold to me for all of $5 each!

Not in bad nick, couldn't really refuse at that price.

They're designed to attach to a Gland at the top of the strut & the guy in charge (I believe his name was Steve if my memory serves me correctly) said to me that you do not need to attach them at the bottom.

As far as bump stops go, for some reason they are able to get genuine Nissan ones dirt cheap too at only $15 each. However I was also told that they probably would not need replacing, apparently he's only ever had to replace them on one Skyline & regularly works on them.

May even put a couple of them in the car tomorrow if I get time.

As far as where people in other states can get these from goes, their source for Bilstein parts is in Victoria, NOT Sydney.

Hope this helps a few people out.

Edited by J_Red33