SAU Community

Workshop To Fit Gtr Center Cluster On R34

robjay

Hi All,

Do you know where if at all anyone here in WA can fit the GTR34 center LCD console...

I went down to local radio & hifi shop and they had some interesting double din lcd tv / cd players that had a g sensor and gps .. some pioneer deck .. cant remember what it was but that started me wishing for an r34 lcd.

But other than that what other decks you think are cool to have on a skyline.

Or get a single din, foldout LCD and run a CarPC with Datascan..

Have you even thought about what you would do with the GTR screen? are you hoping you get all the fancy GTR readouts? because I don't think that's going to happen by just installing the screen :D

Or get a single din, foldout LCD and run a CarPC with Datascan..

Have you even thought about what you would do with the GTR screen? are you hoping you get all the fancy GTR readouts? because I don't think that's going to happen by just installing the screen :P

Ok giving it a miss then, Datascan is a bit overkill, just wanted it for the wow factor.

Not overkill, very handy for troubleshooting, diagnostics and peace of mind :P

I was running it in the skyline on the carpc for a couple of years and am putting a similar setup in the wagon soon.

Not overkill, very handy for troubleshooting, diagnostics and peace of mind :P

I was running it in the skyline on the carpc for a couple of years and am putting a similar setup in the wagon soon.

Cool, could you point me to some links on what it can do and looks like / where to get it. Maybe a photo of your own setup?

This is the PC I have (I have two, one installed in the Skyline, one waiting to be installed in the Stagea): http://www.mini-box.com/VoomPC-2-Car-PC-Ba...mp;category=101

I had to get a hdd, dvd drive and a stick of ram locally.

I was running a 7" in-dash LCD (these aren't cheap, if you don't want it to fold away then you can go for something cheaper), that screen has been removed to go into the Stagea and I will be putting a USB touchscreen in the Skyline.

No pics of the setup :) I did have some up on the forums a couple of years ago just after I installed the setup but they are gone :P

This is the PC I have (I have two, one installed in the Skyline, one waiting to be installed in the Stagea): http://www.mini-box.com/VoomPC-2-Car-PC-Ba...mp;category=101

I had to get a hdd, dvd drive and a stick of ram locally.

I was running a 7" in-dash LCD (these aren't cheap, if you don't want it to fold away then you can go for something cheaper), that screen has been removed to go into the Stagea and I will be putting a USB touchscreen in the Skyline.

No pics of the setup :) I did have some up on the forums a couple of years ago just after I installed the setup but they are gone :P

Ok this looks plausible.. I'm thinking along the lines of a touch screen and windows media center ... maybe asking a too much lol..

Hard part is interfacing the PC to engine telemetry, how would one actually tap into the cars ecu.

Theres a guy on here who had a pretty decent setup.

7" double din touchscreen, search for liliput touchscreen on the american ebay and thats what he was using , cost 450 or so i think

Had a little netbook in the glovebox nad was using centrafuse media centre or something to control it

Had a consult cable and that as well.

If you were gonna set something up, I'd do this.

Theres a guy on here who had a pretty decent setup.

7" double din touchscreen, search for liliput touchscreen on the american ebay and thats what he was using , cost 450 or so i think

Had a little netbook in the glovebox nad was using centrafuse media centre or something to control it

Had a consult cable and that as well.

If you were gonna set something up, I'd do this.

Pretty much the same as my setup except I used a dedicated carpc with a proper 12v dc-dc power supply (intelligent, it won't just cut power when you turn the car off, I have mine set to wait 30 seconds then soft-off the PC).

Interfacing to the engine telemetry is easy, I ran a consult cable permanently plugged into the carpc. I used Nissan Datascan for the data and/or logging, they even have a carpc version now that is more purely for readouts than diagnostics/logging.

7" single din touchscreen, also have a trackball stashed next to the transmission tunnel for fiddly stuff and have been meaning to get a roll-up keyboard.

I use RoadRunner as a front end to play music/videos/etc but mostly sit on the Datascan dashboard screen with RPM and Water Temp gauges, RPM and speed alert.

Yeah thats cool, i reckon bubba, but still.

Just buy a f**king gtr.

Hey Tom, when you stop driving a girls car, then you opinion *may* begin to count again :)