SAU Community

The '04 TAS Review...

Rezz

The autobacs car (which is an audio-based project) is the only gts-t I can remember. Not surprising really...

Judging by some of the pics I've seen so far, I'm starting to think I got the ugly shift! Maybe they only let the nice girls out later in the day :P

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rezz - I DID go on Sunday - too bad I didn't go on Sat - seems like u guys had even more fun there.
You didn't have so much fun on Sunday?

Dave: no worries mates perhaps another time then, let me know if your out my way.  

Also I'd like to head out Yamanshi way after winter, to check out the Maglev track.  Been saying it for years but never get around to doing it.

T

Cool! When Rezz gets his V35 we should organize a cruise or something. Definitely wise to wait until after winter though, unless you've got snow tyres, chains and 4WD :)

I've been to the maglev track - they have a nice visitors centre with loads of info on the technology. The train is there too, but wasn't in operation on the day I went :)

Hehehe either when Justin's gets his V35 or your M35 right :). You know you want the オーテック アクシス350S only they have the 6段マニュアルトランスミッション.

Definitely want to make a trip over there, we have guys at work associated with them and say there are certain dates they will take passengers. So I'll see when they can take me for a 500kph spin :), interested? :D

Hehehe either when Justin's gets his V35 or your M35 right ;). You know you want the オーテック アクシス350S only they have the 6段マニュアルトランスミッション.

Definitely want to make a trip over there, we have guys at work associated with them and say there are certain dates they will take passengers. So I'll see when they can take me for a 500kph spin ;), interested? :)

Hey hey? Whats this Maglev? Whats that, a new coctail? :)

Meglev - Magnetic Levitation, or Linear Motorcar as the Japanese call it. The train that floats on a magnetic cushion. The development/test track is in Yamanashi, forget exactly how long the track is (a few KM or so I recall), they have a small visitors centre, a mock-up of one of the actual trains and if you're really lucky you can watch them doing some of the test runs....

I went there, woa, must have been at least 4 years ago now...actually stumbled across it by accident on my way to Yokohama. Had not idea what it was at first!

sure was dude...!

we didnt make the SAU meeting time, we got there at about 11 or so?

i JUST got through all the halls on 6pm...i lost 160mb of photos (all from the Option stand) when i was uploading my CF to my laptop :D

i was most impressed with the Veilside stand - i loved the pair of Evo8's in white and red....spectacular!

my race queen shots:

http://www.gavincato.com/frankster/tas04_racequeens

my japan shots (less cars from TAS):

http://www.gavincato.com/frankster/album09

sure was dude...!

we didnt make the SAU meeting time, we got there at about 11 or so?

i JUST got through all the halls on 6pm...i lost 160mb of photos (all from the Option stand) when i was uploading my CF to my laptop :P

i was most impressed with the Veilside stand - i loved the pair of Evo8's in white and red....spectacular!

my race queen shots:

http://www.gavincato.com/frankster/tas04_racequeens

my japan shots (less cars from TAS):

http://www.gavincato.com/frankster/album09

You went to Asakusa! Did you go there on Sunday the 11th? I was there too from about 3 - 3:30pm to 4:30... shitloads of people there though, I'm not suprised I didn't see you.

most magazines won't do overseas subscriptions - but if you have a local japanese bookshop in perth (such as Japan Book Store or Kinokuniya) they should have no problem getting it in for you. Alternatively, you could ring one of their stores in other cities and see if they'll arrange something for you (I think the Japan Book Store is only in melbourne now, but there was a couple of kinokuniyas around, or so I hear).

Reez, any way to get an O/S subscription of the "Club Skyline" magazines??? been trying but no luck..
Yes mate, of course there is...:P

Check NEWs PUBLISHING, although it's still under construction, you should be able to subscribe to "Club Skyline" in a couple of weeks... international orders no problem.

Franks,

There's actual culture in those pics you posted. About the closest we got to a shrine or temple was the Racing Gear Warehouse in Osaka - it was opposite a Buddhist Shrine.

Jash

Franks,

There's actual culture in those pics you posted. About the closest we got to a shrine or temple was the Racing Gear Warehouse in Osaka - it was opposite a Buddhist Shrine.

Jash

yeah dude, we tried to do as much cultural exploring as we could as japan is an extremely interesting country! there is life after cars :( :( :D