SAU Community

Tomei Rb25 Ser.1 Poncams Specs Needed

Hello guys,

have these PONCAMS

http://www.nengun.com/tomei/pon-camshafts

Part Number: 143020 "ECR33 Series 1 (RB25DET) - Duration: IN,EX 256 Lift: IN,EX 8.5mm Skyline - R33 GTS-t S1 - ECR33"

and need the technical specifications to adjust them. Only found the duration, but not the opening and closing times as for example you can see here:

http://www.jdmlevin.com/files/CamshaftData...akeCamshaft.jpg

May anybody help me? I searched in the web, but without any results.

Thanks and best regards

vik

Tomei poncams are a drop in replacement and have optimal timing standard. That is, you set them up with 0 degrees advance. You can try a degree or so, but I doubt you will see any improvement over zero - in fact you will more likely see a decrease in power and efficiency.

Same reason people upgrade camshafts in any vehicle, more duration and more lift over standard camshafts.

Procams are once again more lift and more duration over Poncams.

Edited by PM-R33

Do a search, I remember reading a thread on here? that showed no difference in the top end, but a good mid range improvement of around 10-30kw depending on supporting mods. This is pretty much exactly where you need it IMO. Plus if your engine is breathing better it has to be more efficient.

did you lose any boost response? from the dynos i have seen between different cars i thought the cams lost down end response without any descent gains in the top end.. i'll have another search for that thread, i was searching 256 dynos before but didnt get anything descent.. can you remember any keywords

Cheers

Jarrod