SAU Community

Stagea Nm35 Turbochargers?

jonesyGT

Hi Guys

Im looking into possibly buying a Stagea NM35 by about August this year

What I was wondering is

What turbo actually fits the NM35?

I had read that its the same as the RB25 turbo, however I dont think this is the case with more research

Im mainly after any idea as to an option other than Hi flowwing, Is there one?

I realise they take a while to remove but I thought Id look @ getting a 2nd hand one & getting it rebuilt B4 the one on the car craps itself

Change it over in 1 go, ie exchange program

Are there any other options out there?

Cheers

Mark

Definitely not the same is an RB25 turbo.

If you are high flowing, talk to Andy65b, I believe he still has his blown unit.

As for a direct replacement, I have seen HKS GT30's put on (most common replacement in Japan) but they require minimum a new dump (which you will need anyway) and probably an exhaust manifold as well.

High flowing is the easiest and cheapest way for our turbo, no question due to space restrictions.

bush core is around the $880 park for whatever size you want (ie GT30 equiv) or $1600(ish) for a ball bearing core, again whatever size you want from Hypergear.

Rebuild can be done for about $1100

So many variables. Bush or Ball Bearing, how big do you want the wheels? 360 degree thrust washer? I guess anywhere from $1k to $2.5k.

Cam have you seen GT30's being fitted? I have only seen the GTRS's, got any pics?

Dont think Id want something too crazy

Just looking @ getting a good reliable cruiser between Sydney & Brisbane

Probably go ball bearing & steel rear impeller

That way it could take full 3" without any drama

What sort of boost could this then reliably take?

Looking @ around 1bar or so??

The M35's got different type of casting on the turbine but same 6 bolt dump pattern. The intake side is also different with a flange bolt.

The common profile we put in to those are the 2871RS 52T BB or Sleeve bearing CHRAs. will support about 240rwkws with supporting mods with stock sort of response.

Hi Mark

Yes, I still have the spare turbo that I can loan out on an exchange basis. (small cost)

The standard turbo has as standard 14-15psi you don't need to look too far from the standard turbo to be betting your aimed boost. The rear ceramic turbine is known to be a weakness and can fail. Most seem to get a bit more than the 100'000 before failing but some have failed earlier but also some of these cars have had dogey odometer readings.

I am running a full 3 inch exhaust from the stock turbo back and it is a great car to drive. fantastic on the open road and great response around town.

Cheers

Andy

No worries

Thanx for the offer Andy

Ill see how I go as Im not going to do anything till at least August I thiink & I have to see which way I go

Either Leggy Or Stag

Just really nead to drive both & work out for myself what really fits my needs.

I know everyone here willl say Stag, theres just a couple of things on both that worry me a little @ the moment

Other than the turbo, what worries are there? Very reliable in general. Have you driven them both?

You have to remember you are buying a cheap auction car that has probably been sold because there is maintenance required. I would hate to think what Nissan would charge for a turbo replacement over in Japan.