SAU Community

Damn Cats Climbing On My Skyline

Crackfox

There seems to be a neighbourhood cat that is attracted to my skyline. I have noticed catprints all over the roof/boot/bonnet 3 times in the past 3 weeks and today I see that the motherf$#%er has pissed down the crack between my windscreen and bonnet. How can I stop the cat from being attracted to my car? Could it be something like a faint smell in my interior that attracts him/her to my car or is it just another attack on skylines. I want to stop it from happening ASAP because its putting small scratches on my paint I think and I'm sure cats piss isn't great for paintwork either.

Edited by Crackfox

cats normally sit on your bonnet due to the heat from the engine (keeping them warm at night)

get yourself a car cover or get a product like this

Commercial Cat Repellents

4. One of the commercial cat repellents available is a powder called, "Shake-Away." Shake-Away bears the scent of the urine of predators that cats fear, namely, the coyote, the fox and the bobcat. This commercial cat repellent comes in a granular form, which you simply sprinkle around the problem area. The product is advertised as being organic, making it an acceptable option to use around children and pets. Nor will it harm your plants.

put it around the area were your car is and should keep the cat off your cat

try going to a play like city famers or a pet store and asking them for something similar.

more helpful advice here

http://www.google.com.au/search?client=fir...G=Google+Search

http://www.ehow.com/how_2228385_keep-cats-...e-remedies.html

http://landscaping.about.com/od/pestcontro..._repellents.htm

http://ezinearticles.com/?30-Tips-To-Keep-...n&id=598141

Edited by Kaido_RR

get yourself a car cover or get a product like this...

put it around the area were your car is and should keep the cat off your cat

try going to a play like city famers or a pet store and asking them for something similar.

lol

yeah just put a car cover over the car, or a piece of tarp or something so if the cat pisses it just runs down onto the ground and not into your cabin air intake haha.

I think the secret ingredient in Passiona is "cat-piss"

OK cheers Kaido RR that makes sense as it has definately got colder during the nights here in the past few weeks which would explain why it didnt happen before. Not surprisingly it happened again last night, and my engine would have been warm because I got home at 11:00ish, I'll have a look for some coyote urine to replace the cat urine that is on my car :)

Edited by Crackfox

Its because another cat sits on your car. Its obvious the one that pee'd on your car is beefing with the other one and marking its territory. My suggestion, wait with a water gun or a hose and spray both cats. Or let nature sort it self out.

b b gun.. problem solved.. thats how we stopd like 10 diff cats from fkn climbing on our fences and startn trouble with our old cat.

i dont mind comn round n sittin outfront to wait :D

but i take no repsonsability with dmg to paintwork for missed shots haha

Call the council and they will drop off a cat trap for you. You then buy small tins of tuna and bait the trap and start catching the neighbourhood stray cats.

When you catch one, you call the council come and get it. If it is a registered cat the owners are notified and informed. If its a stray/feral then its destroyed.

I had the same problem about 5 years ago with some old fat neighbour that was feeding stray and feral cats. They were breeding like rabits in the car bodies abandoned in his back yard. We got rid of 12 cats in 2 weeks and solved our problem.

Nothing is as angry as big feral cat in a small cage too. Feral cats are freeking psycho!

i got scratches just behind the quarter window from cats trying to jump on the roof and not making it and clawing down the paint job, not happy

Yeh I have Cats Staying under my Car @ night specially in Winter.. sometimes they crawl on the bonnet, i can see

there footrprint. Sometimes they think it's there friend n just stand besides it. I see it sometimes just sitting next to it..

Strange.. but i Have a Black Car n it seems to attract it :)

Edited by Black_CSR