SAU Community

Nissan Sound Control Exhaust

Bis-e Bee

awesome work dude!

i told you to bring it over to my place 1 year ago for me to look at lol

good you got it all working. i love fixing factory options that compliance disable. ohh and everyones FYI, the timing circuit for the cold pack are in all the cars. my mirrors just plugged in with the switch etc.........

what timing circuit for what cold pack features?

yeah... me too.... eh?? what you talkin' willis.

I assume you are referring to M35's, but what can we activate in regards to the cold pack features?

well, all the wiring for the said cold pack is in the car. all thats missing is the switch (down next to the headlight heigh adjuster) and the actual heater units, ie the heated glass in the mirrors, and the heater thing that is on the inside of the front and rear windscreens.

the circuit works on a momentary switch, i have no idea how long it activates the heaters for (well its actually just power to the relevant devices) but it just worked on my car when i plugged it all in! i was quite surprised when i saw the plug for the switch taped up and it fitted in the plug and lit up the light!

ill take pics when im back in the country. from memory it had a brown surround for the wire, but im not 100% on thata

The muffler side of things are fine, the problem is definatly the way the cable is wrapped around the motor in the back of the cabin. Just looks like maybe it has become unhooked and is not working correctly now.

If you have too much hassle just give me a hollar but the cable should only have one correct way to go so hopefully once you get that the way it should be all will be functioning and the neighbours will be happy at 5am when you are driving lol

I had another play with it, the muffler side *looked* fine but thats where the problem was, it'd basically siezed up and when you hit 'Silent' it puts more slack in to the cable but the pulley didnt do anything with it (I assume its spring loaded but either way, nothing happens). I gave it a half turn on the nut you can see in the pic, and that picked up the slack from Silent mode. I cant toggle it, but its in Silent mode now and its made a world of difference. Theres no drone when holding the car at 2k rpm now, which will definately make the missus happy :)

I'll hopefully be getting a mate to give me a hand with some suspension stuff soon, so when its up on the hoist I'll see if I can't get the unit to work nicely with the switch!

I had another play with it, the muffler side *looked* fine but thats where the problem was, it'd basically siezed up and when you hit 'Silent' it puts more slack in to the cable but the pulley didnt do anything with it (I assume its spring loaded but either way, nothing happens). I gave it a half turn on the nut you can see in the pic, and that picked up the slack from Silent mode. I cant toggle it, but its in Silent mode now and its made a world of difference. Theres no drone when holding the car at 2k rpm now, which will definately make the missus happy :)

I'll hopefully be getting a mate to give me a hand with some suspension stuff soon, so when its up on the hoist I'll see if I can't get the unit to work nicely with the switch!

Ahh that will explain why the cable inside the back of the car didn't appear to retract, only to gather up. Are you still 100% sure the issue isn't in the motor area of the unit, if it's not pushing the cable through the cable can't retract, i can't see how the cable can get stuck, see if you can push the cable from inside the back of the car. something still didn't look right at that end.

It makes heaps of difference especially late at night and early in the morning. unlike you i was locked in silent mode for a year, i'm really enjoying the sports mode now ;)

well, all the wiring for the said cold pack is in the car. all thats missing is the switch (down next to the headlight heigh adjuster) and the actual heater units, ie the heated glass in the mirrors, and the heater thing that is on the inside of the front and rear windscreens.

the circuit works on a momentary switch, i have no idea how long it activates the heaters for (well its actually just power to the relevant devices) but it just worked on my car when i plugged it all in! i was quite surprised when i saw the plug for the switch taped up and it fitted in the plug and lit up the light!

ill take pics when im back in the country. from memory it had a brown surround for the wire, but im not 100% on thata

Dude, go back to page 1 of this thread and you will find a series of photo's I took inside the switch and cable area of my car. There is a "spare" brown plug grouped together with another brown plug (that is actually plugged in to something), it's got 4 or 5 female pins. The other spare cable i noticed is a two row job in white on the right hand side that goes nowhere, is it either of these? If so let's get some switches working and hook this feature up, especially coming in to winter. I plan to do a road trip to canberra in a month or so.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

That looks very similar if not identical to the Nissan/Nismo one I've got Hmmmmm.

Or is it a nissan product? so nice and shiny! how much?

It is a Nissan OEM part and for sale brand new here:

http://www.upgarage.com/upgarage/stock/1/2/0909153004579/153

¥69,900

Interesting stuff, thank you for posting your findings up :D

I had searched for quiet a while trying to find pics of the system :)

I was hoping it was a cat back set-up but looks like it is just the muffler, which means the rest of my system is more than likely stock :)