SAU Community

Planning To Do Sau's 1st Unofficial Motorcycle Cruise

JamesK

I know Charli, it was only comment made in good fun anyway :)

Anyway, what's with all the exclusive mini-cruises? First the girl-only cruise, and now this? Charlie would be the only one who could go to both :blink:

What is this? Minority cruise week? Soon we'll be having Asian-only cruises... oh snap!

Asians are hardly minority on the Skyline scene :D

How about a Holden fan cruise...YEAH...REPRESENT BOYS! DOH.

Cool vid dezz. As much as it supports what I said, I concede that on this particular cruise not everyone would have an R35 on this cruise and superbikes are much more common/affordable...not to mention tourist overtaking ability as someone pointed out lol :sick:

My supra use to eat bikes for breakfast in a straight line.....Off the line and rolling start,

On the other hand my blade has not lost too a car yet....

But around tight corners a Good rider will always beat the car.....

So many riders out there with fast bikes but they dont know how to use all the potential of the bike and

alot off car drivers beat them...

But in all honesty a good rider on a good bike will win 97% of the time...

As for Charlie, I dont know her, but if you read her post she states that she has fond memories of the spur, as this is where she

first touched her puck on the bitchemen....which means she can ride...and on a gixxer...she gonna be quick....So many cafe racer nowadays

but from the sounds of it, she is not one of them...Too be able to throw a 1000cc motorbike around the spur and be able to hang an inch off the bitchamen

at speed takes real talent...

Dr Drift...

I'd like to test your theory on bikes vs cars... The way I see it the bikes can brake far later and accelerate much quicker since they are lighter and have the power to weight ratio advantage. So even if you go through the corner slower on a bike they still are slow for a shorter amount of time. And we all know that in a tight corner the speed through it doesn't make a big difference compared to a wide corner that can make you seconds of time compared to milliseconds.

Maybe you should come in a car Birds and we can test it out (in a friendly way) I am geniunely interested :P

Hmm. I reckon cars will be able to brake later because there are 4 wide tyres but the point that the bike will win is the mid-corner speed. Less weight=less momentum

On a wide race track where cars can bounce ripple strips this point is kinda void. The tight corners and narrow lanes on public roads means bike will be in front.

If you do black spur on a weekend you won't be able to really prove it anyway without losing your licence or hitting a caravan...

honestly who cares if your car can beat a bike on the street or vice versa. Why is everyone going on about it? Its a cruise, not a race. And why would you bring a car to a bike cruise? If thats the case, I'll just hang at the back, sit in the middle, and go 10kph below the speed limit.

The reason to take cars to a bike cruise is because: We are Skyline owners and only a minority of us are bike riders! It will be more fun with more people and if anyone who doesn't ride want's to drive along they can get a look at what bikes are all about.

The reason why we are discussing bikes vs cars: BECAUSE IT'S FUN. Jeez it's not as if we're really going to have a challange, talking specs and physics is why I like both sports so much :( You don't have to be so grumpy about it :O

honestly who cares if your car can beat a bike on the street or vice versa. Why is everyone going on about it? Its a cruise, not a race. And why would you bring a car to a bike cruise? If thats the case, I'll just hang at the back, sit in the middle, and go 10kph below the speed limit.

The reason to take cars to a bike cruise is because: We are Skyline owners and only a minority of us are bike riders! It will be more fun with more people and if anyone who doesn't ride want's to drive along they can get a look at what bikes are all about.

The reason why we are discussing bikes vs cars: BECAUSE IT'S FUN. Jeez it's not as if we're really going to have a challange, talking specs and physics is why I like both sports so much :cool: You don't have to be so grumpy about it ;)

Charlie is right on the money the whole idea of bringing cars to the bike cruise is because this is SAU! Not whatevertheshit-Australia its nice when you have a little more people and I'm sure a lot of drivers who come would like to see what the bikes are like how they handle and have a good old chat to a bikey. And your right it's not a race but it's fun it's like anything Evo vs STI, Lambo vs Ferrari, Holden vs Ford (PLEASE DON'T START a 10 page fight over this one) it's just suppose to be a bit of fun nothing more nothing less

Hey guys, ok just and update this is definitely going through, it doesn't look like a lot of bikeys are turning up but I do have a few of my own friends coming so it should be good, just was wondering if anyone knows of a meet spot which would be good before or at Emerald?

Anyway, what's with all the exclusive mini-cruises? First the girl-only cruise, and now this? Charlie would be the only one who could go to both :blush:

What is this? Minority cruise week? Soon we'll be having Asian-only cruises... oh snap!

we will have an r34 gtr only cruise then lol.

i used to own this exact bike over 10 years ago,it was on ebay last week and i bought it back!.....it has a lot of HRC parts on it and was pushing big HP years ago for what it was and its an absolute weapon....i havent riden it yet but i wonder if i should break it out for the day!

gallery_2711_155_48556.jpg

gallery_2711_155_84232.jpg

i used to own this exact bike over 10 years ago,it was on ebay last week and i bought it back!.....it has a lot of HRC parts on it and was pushing big HP years ago for what it was and its an absolute weapon....i havent riden it yet but i wonder if i should break it out for the day!

gallery_2711_155_48556.jpg

gallery_2711_155_84232.jpg

Wow....10 year boomerang......

Destiny.....that bike belongs to you man....

Did you buy if off the dude you sold it too 10 years ago or has it been through several owners? Your so lucky it is still in mint conditon....I doubt my first road bike would be in such good condition.....

FUN thats what its all about...cars bikes boats...

I know its off topic but,

Just like too say hi to everyone, My name is Trung aka Dr Drft, I been out of the car scene for awhile, been pre- occupied with house and boats and the last few years I have been driving a Nissan patrol(turbo) but deseil :blush: have only just got the bug again, and just picked up a R32GTR... Hope to meet and check out afew of the mad rides Ive read about...geez alot has changed but guess that is due to smurfs being so harsh nowadays...

Dr Drft...

Good idea! But only 2 ppl would turn up. I tihnk that's all that came to GOR.

A GTR only cruise would be good, so that we'd be able to drive at a decent speed :thumbsup:

I'll come along. My things been sitting in the shed for half a year now so it might be time to give it a run.

You ll need to remember a bike has a much larger apex through a corner than a car and how many of your cars can run mid 10's stock?

I could drive my car a way fast though the twisties than my bike but its only becase I don't have the tallent/balls to push the bike that hard without stacking and can't afford it atm.

It'll be good to see a few of you on the pegs.

Good idea! But only 2 ppl would turn up. I tihnk that's all that came to GOR.

A GTR only cruise would be good, so that we'd be able to drive at a decent speed :thumbsup:

it would be 3 r34 gtr's then. i didnt go on the GOR cruise, mainly because i havnt got my gtr yet lol, its still got to go through compliance.

super laps on the 21'st isnt it?

:thumbsup: i'd like to come but thats where i'll be.

and if both car and bike are anywhere close to stock trim, a bike with a competent rider will always win :thumbsup:

The reason why we are discussing bikes vs cars: BECAUSE IT'S FUN. Jeez it's not as if we're really going to have a challange, talking specs and physics is why I like both sports so much :thumbsup: You don't have to be so grumpy about it :thumbsup:

Hahaha amen brother! It's just a fun discussion :P

And I agree, cars on bike cruise = more bikes on next cruise. It's like the Moto GP, almost everyone who comes back from PI wants to get their licence after seeing everyone ride down there.

Go to hell :blink:

Take it along that thing looks off the tap!

Hey guys, unfortunately some rather personal family matters have come up which require me to fly back to Hong Kong asap. I wont be back till probably after the weekend so will be unable to continue to host this cruise. It's a real shame cause I was really looking forward to meeting you guys but I guess you can never plan for the unexpected. I would be happy for Birds, Charlie or anyone else to continue and take over the cruise but I did have 3 biker friends of mine that probably wont be attending now :P sorry guys. I will probably try to do this again when I come back but probably not for awhile. Best of wishes to you all and SAFE RIDING!

James

Thats cool James, will have to arrange it when you get back... might post something up here re one of my biker cruise thingies if people want to join, we usually get 30+ bikes.

Hope all is ok with your fam

i decided that i def wasnt going this morning anyway after my freind died last night heres the link RIP dennis old son

he just came into work last week to get some parts for his bike and im really upset that kawasaki had stock for once if they didnt well this may have ended in a different fashion.....riding road bikes never really did anything for me in terms of excitement......i think i will stick to my dirtbikes and just collecting my road bikes and storing them to look at :).....if you must use them do so with caution please

Edited by ylwgtr2

Hey guys, unfortunately some rather personal family matters have come up which require me to fly back to Hong Kong asap. I wont be back till probably after the weekend so will be unable to continue to host this cruise. It's a real shame cause I was really looking forward to meeting you guys but I guess you can never plan for the unexpected. I would be happy for Birds, Charlie or anyone else to continue and take over the cruise but I did have 3 biker friends of mine that probably wont be attending now :) sorry guys. I will probably try to do this again when I come back but probably not for awhile. Best of wishes to you all and SAFE RIDING!

James

That sucks mate, we'll wait for you anyway...

i decided that i def wasnt going this morning anyway after my freind died last night heres the link RIP dennis old son

he just came into work last week to get some parts for his bike and im really upset that kawasaki had stock for once if they didnt well this may have ended in a different fashion.....riding road bikes never really did anything for me in terms of excitement......i think i will stick to my dirtbikes and just collecting my road bikes and storing them to look at :D.....if you must use them do so with caution please

Condolences mate. Sorry to use your friend as an example but this is what I was talking about in the other thread with regard to the danger of motorbikes regardless of how experienced you are (http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Mo...0&start=100). At night time with another truck next to it, it sounds like one of the trucks might have changed lanes on him without seeing him there :(

A Victoria Police spokeswoman said the truck drivers were not injured

You wouldn't think so would you...