SAU Community

V35 Compliance - What Is Actually Done?

As a matter of interest I did a quick search but couldn't see a post explaining what work is actually done to comply the V35 (Coupe in particular). Is there a list somewhere of the work that needs to be performed or can anyone provide the details? Would just like to know what work / parts are involved.

When the compliance is done, they give you a list of things done and corressponding part numbers. Unfortunately, I don't have it with me, but its just basic stuff.

Fluids, pads, side mirrors, fitting of an immobiliser. Thats about it.

wiper blades i think!

shame about the HIDs ... that's my pet hate on compliance. snipping off something so beautiful.

xscapade, can you elaborate on the mirrors? that would explain why my side view mirrors are so crappy in optical reflective performance if it has been changed.

it is a compliance requirement. i think the reason behind that is because the setup does not have auto levelling or washers.

The xenons are removed because its an aus ADR that all Xenon fitted cars have washers to clean the headlights.

It is illegal to have them, but there are people driving around with them so imagine you can have the car delivered to your place, take the Xenons out and build a bypass to run normal globes. Once you have it complied you return it back. Just what i've heard :D

Well said Bobby.

Yes what I heard too. :D But I can tell you that with conversion to halos, the usable light and spread is terrible. I'd actually go so far as to say dangerously inadequate. More dangerous than say light scatter from dirty headlights with HID bulbs. From what I have seen on the OEM assembly, the cutoff is very good. Not glaring at all. They are well designed assembly even with the lenses high up.

What they should be looking at is HID conversions on halogen reflector headlights ... now that's glary and dangerous.

Edited for grammar.

Edited by pudogg

Yep, i still have the 2006 model OEM HIDs in mine. I love them, but they are not as good as the EVO8 MR ones I had on my previous car.

Re: the mirrors. They change them from concave/convex to an ordinary flat one. the driver's side at least anyway. the result is a less distorted but smaller field of vision.

This might be a dumb question but...

Are all complianced cars supposed to come with an Aussie-standard immobiliser? In actually fact, does someone really find the time to install them or do importers find a way to bypass this?

Thus, what are the chances of a V35 not coming with an Aussie-standard immobiliser, and, since all imported cars are supposed to be aussie-standard immobiliser equipped, are they all automatically theft insurance ready?

Are all complianced cars supposed to come with an Aussie-standard immobiliser? In actually fact, does someone really find the time to install them or do importers find a way to bypass this?

Thus, what are the chances of a V35 not coming with an Aussie-standard immobiliser, and, since all imported cars are supposed to be aussie-standard immobiliser equipped, are they all automatically theft insurance ready?

I am in the same boat!! I still use the factory immobiliser on mine, and when I was looking for a V35 I would see aftermarket immobilisers that botched up the boot-release button... so I was put off from getting an aussie-standard one..

Can someone please clarify if these are still theft insurance approved?

The compliance workshop fits the immobiliser. It is a requirement for all cars that are built after a certain year (2000?).

Mine was a proximity thing with a dongle on the keyring. I had to get Chris Rogers to rip it out and install a full alarm because it was conflicting with the factory nissan gear, and i couldnt start the car sometimes.

I'm the 2nd owner of my car since it was imported; when purchased, there was no evidence to suggest that an Australian standard immobiliser has been installed. No dangling proximity thingy, nothing. Either it was professionally integrated into the carkey or it wasn't installed somehow.

So had it been stolen at that point in time, would insurance pay up?

PS. I've since installed an aftermarket Australian immobilisation system.

When i bought my V35 from the dealer, no Australian standard immobiliser fitted and factory HID still fitted to the car.

Also no FM expander, no new tyres, no new wiper blades and factory mirrors too.

But have two child restraint bolts on the parcel shelf.

It's a pretty easy issue to rectify: just buy the best Aussie standard alarm/immobiliser you can afford! Any compliance workshop will use the cheapest, nastiest one they legally can (or sometimes none at all, I gather from reading this thread). Take the proximity dongle one for example: it interferes with the factory system.

Anyone who is going to spend the entry price for a car like this (or any decent car for that matter) should also make sure that it's as protected as possible, or be prepared to suffer the consequences (stolen car/no insurance).

Really, guys; you can get some pretty decent gear for a modest outlay: just get a good security system fitted, and then you won't need to worry about it...

• 4 months later...

I know my car does not have one fitted, and im pretty sure the standard one is not working either as when i lock the car with FOB and unlock with just the key i can start the car and no alarm comes on.

I have a Mongoose MAP80G ready to put on, how can i confirm the stock imobilizer/alarm is not going in interfere b4 i go ahead and install it.?

From my V36 compliance report:

- 3mm Pilkington flat mirror glass fitted to LH external mirror

- New road tyers fitted with DOT (DOT 6XG2) (245/45/ZR18)

- New DOT 3 brake fluid

- 2 clip fittings fitted in rear parcel tray

- New wiper blades fitted

- tyre placard fitted

- dipped beam gas discharge headlamsp modified to accept halogen 12v H1 55W globes

- 17 digit VIN fitted to front driver side strut tower

- Used import plate fitted to passenger side "B" pillar

- AIRBAG symbol fitted to passenger side trim

- two new air filters fitted

- new charcoal canister fitted

- unleaded fuel only placard fitted

- engine immobiliser fitted