SAU Community

Latest Stagea

del_sol87

Guys, please understand the bigger picture:

There is only one workshop able to comply this model at this moment however there are always other workshops willing to get the evidence package and add compliance for any model to their schedule if there is decent demand for them. Demand can only grow if people know these models exist and can see examples to get an idea of what they are like, then let us know there is interest so we can advise compliance workshops.

We listed a few of these examples a while back to see if there was any interest because we were asked by a compliance workshop so they could consider adding them as a variant on their compliance schedule. We did get some passive interest but not a huge amount, certainly nobody ready to purchase, so it never went any further.

We are always talking to compliance workshops to advise what models are in demand and helping them know which are the best models to get on their schedule in the near future. It's better for us if there are more compliance workshops for each model as it makes it easier to satisfy our clients requirements, it's better for you because prices will be more reasonable, and better for the import industry in general with more models realistically able to be imported.

When we do have someone seriously interested in a car like this then we will always confirm compliance availability prior to actually purchasing the car - we do not actually purchase cars for anyone and then try to work out compliance afterwards.

If you don't understand why we list certain cars on the website then please do not just assume we are doing something wrong because that is not the case. We consider most things we do very carefully and never intend to do anything misleading. If you see something that you think is incorrect or misleading then please let us know because we need to know how things are being interpreted to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding, and the only way we can really know is by getting feedback from a wide range of people who use our website because so many people read the same thing differently.

Guys, please understand the bigger picture:

There is only one workshop able to comply this model at this moment however there are always other workshops willing to get the evidence package and add compliance for any model to their schedule if there is decent demand for them. Demand can only grow if people know these models exist and can see examples to get an idea of what they are like, then let us know there is interest so we can advise compliance workshops.

We listed a few of these examples a while back to see if there was any interest because we were asked by a compliance workshop so they could consider adding them as a variant on their compliance schedule. We did get some passive interest but not a huge amount, certainly nobody ready to purchase, so it never went any further.

We are always talking to compliance workshops to advise what models are in demand and helping them know which are the best models to get on their schedule in the near future. It's better for us if there are more compliance workshops for each model as it makes it easier to satisfy our clients requirements, it's better for you because prices will be more reasonable, and better for the import industry in general with more models realistically able to be imported.

When we do have someone seriously interested in a car like this then we will always confirm compliance availability prior to actually purchasing the car - we do not actually purchase cars for anyone and then try to work out compliance afterwards.

If you don't understand why we list certain cars on the website then please do not just assume we are doing something wrong because that is not the case. We consider most things we do very carefully and never intend to do anything misleading. If you see something that you think is incorrect or misleading then please let us know because we need to know how things are being interpreted to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding, and the only way we can really know is by getting feedback from a wide range of people who use our website because so many people read the same thing differently.

That is explained a lot more thoroughly than the resposne I received from Ben when I queried him on the matter.

I appreciate you clearing that up, because as it was left it was kind of like a bad luck if you buy it scenario... i.e. wait in the hope that northshore may compliance vehicles sourced by other people later in the year.

We are just concerned about the potential pit falls that have been encountered by people in the past, not by j-spec, I'm not suggesting that at all.

So you can understand our concern on the matter.

Once again I appreciated you providing further information on the matter.

Sorry don't get it.....If you cannot compliance the car you should not be saying that compliance is available....more to the point you should not even be offering the compliance price if it is incorrect. False advertising springs to mind!

On top of that rubbishing another shop because of there pricing seems to me to be wrong as well!....did you offer to put up some cash/help to push the PM35 through? If not then what gives you the right to question there pricing? Would you not think that they would want to be able to make back that loss and even make a bit of cash on top.

I am sure you think carefully on how to do things.....all business's do/should.....it's how you execute that process and it seems to me and others that maybe you have got it wrong.

If you want feedback it's easy....don't offer what you cannot deliver!

Edited by Jetwreck

That is explained a lot more thoroughly than the resposne I received from Ben when I queried him on the matter.

I appreciate you clearing that up, because as it was left it was kind of like a bad luck if you buy it scenario... i.e. wait in the hope that northshore may compliance vehicles sourced by other people later in the year.

We are just concerned about the potential pit falls that have been encountered by people in the past, not by j-spec, I'm not suggesting that at all.

So you can understand our concern on the matter.

Once again I appreciated you providing further information on the matter.

I totally understand your concerns and just want to make sure you know that although we are a small business we are not a backyard operation and we do pride ourselves on always doing the best by our clients. It sometimes seems that some people (usually the more vocal people on forums) just assume we are a huge evil company with dozens of employees who get massive paychecks and don't care about our clients, when in reality this is a very small business with only myself and Ben, and we both work very hard to usually earn an average wage (although it's been far less than average over the past 12-18 months)

The reason I started this business more than a decade ago was simply because I couldn't find any totally upfront, clearly honest and decently priced places to buy an import vehicle in Australia for myself, so I gave up my interest in a mobile phone business to work on a better way to import cars directly for the end user. Before setting up J-Spec Imports as a business there was a lot of tough and expensive lessons to learn by importing more than a dozen vehicles for myself, family and friends.

Sorry don't get it.....If you cannot compliance the car you should not be saying that compliance is available....more to the point you should not even be offering the compliance price if it is incorrect. False advertising springs to mind!

On top of that rubbishing another shop because of there pricing seems to me to be wrong as well!....did you offer to put up some cash/help to push the PM35 through? If not then what gives you the right to question there pricing? Would you not think that they would want to be able to make back that loss and even make a bit of cash on top.

I am sure you think carefully on how to do things.....all business's do/should.....it's how you execute that process and it seems to me and others that maybe you have got it wrong.

If you want feedback it's easy....don't offer what you cannot deliver!

Compliance IS available for that vehicle and the compliance cost listed is an average for similar models so it should be accurate for that model also. Other compliance workshops we have spoken with who were interested in putting this variant on their schedules will actually charge even less so in fact that quoted price is possibly above what it would actually cost anyway.

I agree that Ben's wording of his email reply was not good at all and could certainly been seen as a dig. We understand that it's just the nature of most large business owners to make the most profit possible and for some reason here in Australia that is seen as a bad thing by some people. We have no problem with anyone making profits from their hard work because it helps them grow their business and in turn that could fund testing for more new models to be allowed for import. However to an extent it is considered as 'price fixing' when you have a monopoly on a certain corner of the market and charge over the normal prices for that product or service compared to similar things.

Please keep in mind that no matter how much we carefully consider what we do it will still only be our perception that is used to guide what we put on the website, and we have learnt over time that no matter how many people we ask for their opinions there will always be a few others with a different opinion and interpret things differently anyway. Everyone is different so we have to make decisions on what we believe to be the majority to make most people happy.

The common thread is that website visitors prefer to see more cars rather than less. Many car enthusiasts just browse our website for fun rather than actually looking to buy a car and we have to consider them also. By listing many more cars (over 350,000 at the moment, compared to 1,000 on our old website) it gives the majority of people what they want ... then we have spent a lot of time making the detailed information database to help serious buyers to learn all about the import process, what can be imported, etc.

Obviously it's impossible for anyone to assume that we have looked at every one of these vehicles personally and called around for compliance availability and prices on so many cars individually.

The purpose of our business is to help you find cars you like, then check them out in more detail, confirm they are suitable for import (accident history, modifications, etc) and compliance availability and cost, then help you with the actual purchase and importing process. We would expect anyone actually interested in buying a car would contact us at which point we can advise further on the specifics for that exact vehicle.

I totally understand your concerns and just want to make sure you know that although we are a small business we are not a backyard operation and we do pride ourselves on always doing the best by our clients. It sometimes seems that some people (usually the more vocal people on forums) just assume we are a huge evil company with dozens of employees who get massive paychecks and don't care about our clients, when in reality this is a very small business with only myself and Ben, and we both work very hard to usually earn an average wage (although it's been far less than average over the past 12-18 months)

I understand quite clearly the small business vs large business scenario....I have a small business myself so I know how much harder you have to work at times just to put food on your plates.

The reason I started this business more than a decade ago was simply because I couldn't find any totally upfront, clearly honest and decently priced places to buy an import vehicle in Australia for myself, so I gave up my interest in a mobile phone business to work on a better way to import cars directly for the end user. Before setting up J-Spec Imports as a business there was a lot of tough and expensive lessons to learn by importing more than a dozen vehicles for myself, family and friends.

That is fine and if you achieve your goals thats great...little word of advice for you......when advertising it's as easy as black and white. Either you can supply the product or you cannot. Grey areas are not a selling point and quite often result in a loss of sale and a bad rep.

Compliance IS available for that vehicle and the compliance cost listed is an average for similar models so it should be accurate for that model also. Other compliance workshops we have spoken with who were interested in putting this variant on their schedules will actually charge even less so in fact that quoted price is possibly above what it would actually cost anyway.

Good statement but! If I had a PM35 6 speed manual arrive on the docks today could you supply me a fully registered car by the 30th of this month? Remember the 6 speed has not even had the evidence completed yet! In a twist of words yes it is available(big grey area)....can you do it though?

I agree that Ben's wording of his email reply was not good at all and could certainly been seen as a dig. We understand that it's just the nature of most large business owners to make the most profit possible and for some reason here in Australia that is seen as a bad thing by some people. We have no problem with anyone making profits from their hard work because it helps them grow their business and in turn that could fund testing for more new models to be allowed for import. However to an extent it is considered as 'price fixing' when you have a monopoly on a certain corner of the market and charge over the normal prices for that product or service compared to similar things.

From memory the people currently offering the PM35 are not a large business either. In regards to your comment on the monopoly/price fixing....they are offering a service which they earned the rights too for a limited time....how is that a monopoly? In regards to the price they are charging if it's to much(and I am not disagreeing with you) that does not mean it's price fixing!

Please keep in mind that no matter how much we carefully consider what we do it will still only be our perception that is used to guide what we put on the website, and we have learnt over time that no matter how many people we ask for their opinions there will always be a few others with a different opinion and interpret things differently anyway. Everyone is different so we have to make decisions on what we believe to be the majority to make most people happy.

I agree

The common thread is that website visitors prefer to see more cars rather than less. Many car enthusiasts just browse our website for fun rather than actually looking to buy a car and we have to consider them also. By listing many more cars (over 350,000 at the moment, compared to 1,000 on our old website) it gives the majority of people what they want ... then we have spent a lot of time making the detailed information database to help serious buyers to learn all about the import process, what can be imported, etc.

I agree....I think you have a fantastic website.....I quite often surf it myself dreaming of FD RX7's......sorry I mean Skylines! :thumbsup:

Obviously it's impossible for anyone to assume that we have looked at every one of these vehicles personally and called around for compliance availability and prices on so many cars individually.

I would agree that it's hard work....but one of the biggest frustrations I/most people have with most importers/dealers(I am not talking about you directly either) is there lack of knowledge of the product they are trying to sell....I am not saying they should know absolutely everything about every car but they should at least know the basic's. Shit they guy I used to import my car told me to go ahead and bid on a NM35 AXIS....I asked him three times to confirm it was a VQ25DET...when he did eventually confirm it for me via email(it was a VQ25DD) he added that he didn't even know that they cam with a diesel motor :thumbsup:

Lucky for me I had done my research aye! A lot of people don't!.....this is where you guy's come in!

The purpose of our business is to help you find cars you like, then check them out in more detail, confirm they are suitable for import (accident history, modifications, etc) and compliance availability and cost, then help you with the actual purchase and importing process. We would expect anyone actually interested in buying a car would contact us at which point we can advise further on the specifics for that exact vehicle.

I agree that all people should be in direct verbal contact.....if you can answer all of there relevant questions with 100% correct answers that's great if not you guy's need to find and get them those answers and not just take a shot in the dark.....you will gain more buy doing a callback with the correct answer! Shit most of the info for most cars is easily obtainable on the internet now anyway.

That is fine and if you achieve your goals thats great...little word of advice for you......when advertising it's as easy as black and white. Either you can supply the product or you cannot. Grey areas are not a selling point and quite often result in a loss of sale and a bad rep.

We are not selling these cars but rather advising you that they are available for purchase, then if we have someone interested we will go through the whole process of making sure everything is right prior to purchase, not just compliance but everything else too.

Good statement but! If I had a PM35 6 speed manual arrive on the docks today could you supply me a fully registered car by the 30th of this month? Remember the 6 speed has not even had the evidence completed yet! In a twist of words yes it is available(big grey area)....can you do it though?

If you purchased a PM35 with 6 speed manual and had it shipped without knowing compliance was already arranged then you would be in trouble, and that is the exact point, we would not purchase a car for anyone without confirming compliance amongst other things so if you were buying through us (or any other decent broker) then you would not end up with a car at the ports without things already being in place.

I would agree that it's hard work....but one of the biggest frustrations I/most people have with most importers/dealers(I am not talking about you directly either) is there lack of knowledge of the product they are trying to sell....I am not saying they should know absolutely everything about every car but they should at least know the basic's. Shit they guy I used to import my car told me to go ahead and bid on a NM35 AXIS....I asked him three times to confirm it was a VQ25DET...when he did eventually confirm it for me via email(it was a VQ25DD) he added that he didn't even know that they cam with a diesel motor :thumbsup:

Errr, diesel? ... the VQ25DD is not diesel :thumbsup:

Anyway, I hope that anyone reading this who might not have understood in the past will have a better idea now ... and most importantly please feel free to contact me directly ([email protected]) anytime with any problems, issues or questions.

Edited by J-Spec Imports

If you purchased a PM35 with 6 speed manual and had it shipped without knowing compliance was already arranged then you would be in trouble, and that is the exact point, we would not purchase a car for anyone without confirming compliance amongst other things so if you were buying through us (or any other decent broker) then you would not end up with a car at the ports without things already being in place.

Errr, diesel? ... the VQ25DD is not diesel :thumbsup:

Thanks for coming on and clearing most of this up Craig

P.S. Damn it I thought I might get you with the DD :thumbsup:

cheers

Craig