SAU Community

My Exciting Commute To Work This Morning

brat81

nah buddy its 3 points per plate not displayed

hmmm strange cause when i got done both p plates down and i lost 3 points... this was a about 3 years ago though

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The offence is not displaying P plates correctly, it doesn't matter how you do or don't do it, or how many are up, it's an umbrella penalty for not displaying them correctly.

Hahaha just heard on the radio an ad saying "Bus lanes are for buses only, you can see them marked with the letters B U S".

don't think contesting would work as you said "No reason" when he asked you why, insinuating that you are just a prick trying to jump ahead. Then again with the auto license (First thing I did when I got my r34 - on the same day in fact - was drive straight to VICroads and do the manual test). ps bad luck

Edited by Willoes

I think "no reason" would still count...as he didn't really admit he was doing anything wrong, simply turning into the lane early...

I'd contest it if it means losing your licence over it. If not, you might have to suck it up :down:

(First thing I did when I got my r34 - on the same day in fact - was drive straight to VICroads and do the manual test). ps bad luck

Agreed, go to VIC Roads and pay the $100 or what ever it is these days and get your manual license. It takes all of about 10 minutes in the car and 3 hours waiting at VIC Roads :down:

well got the fines in the mail today, two fines as stated driving in bus lane and driving a manual on a auto licence both $117

What's needed for me to get my conditions removed ? I hear there's a test or something.

there's only onle Bus lane at that intersection. well according to the map there is

Yeah must be old map cause theres one on other side now...Which I believe is where he was...

mine was $51 for changing auto license to manual, and i (luckily) got to book a session 2 days after calling. had to drive an hour to get to the centre, but the one closest to me was booked out for 2 months. The way I see it, if you're going to drive a manual import on P's, sooner or later you'll get pulled over and you can either have them find nothing wrong with you and have nothing to pin you on, or get 3 fines and x demerit points for something you could have avoided by taking a 20 minute test. book test asap tbh.

what's involved is an unrealistic expectation of drivers to check their rear mirror every .5 seconds. stalling is a critical (you're allowed 2), the test car's setups are horrible and a lot harder than driving in something you are used to - if you can, use your own car - the pedals in the car I tested felt like pushing a 50kg cement block every time I changed gears. They also have a potential to use Camry's (which happen to be the harbingers of death), so I wouldn't recommend it.

ps. they might also ask you to do a hill start (hard, I know)

Edited by Willoes

yeah and don't forget to stay to the left, even if the road is not marked for 2 lanes in one direction, if it's wide enough stay to the left, I lost 2 points or something for driving in the middle.

Use your own car, you are allowed but will need to have signage put on it saying "driver under instruction"

Hey at least you only got 2 fines and didn't get dicked for the P plate :P

nothing wrong with the Plates? they're both displayed. you can't see the green p in the back window from 3m away so that's why i put it at the plates they didn't say anything about it

with the amount of people they were pulling over i doubt they gave anyone a infringement notice, he was just writing it all down on a notepad.

Why do you think he was writing it in his notepad? So he could fill out an infringement notice and send it to you in the mail.

• 2 weeks later...