SAU Community

How To Find Out If A Tommy Kaira Is Genuine

Hi, havent visited for a while. I was just wondering if it was posible to find out on the Tommy Kaira website if the car is genuine. The car is an R33 GTST based Tommy, I was told you can check on the website, but as you know, it's in Japanese, I have selected English, but it still shows alot of Jap language, or is there another way, I have the vin and engine numbers.

If anyone can help it would be good.

Thankyou

Denis

Well, I took a punt and bought the thing, yes it does have the Tommy build plate, all body kit has Tommy badge plates on them, Tommy 17 inch wheels, the build plate is in the engine bay & looks authentic, so I just hope it's not just a good replica.

Denis

When i was in the gold coast last year I seen one of these, identical. May be this exact car.

Nice buy! Any special specs on these TK models? (apart from cosmetic bits of course)

When i was in the gold coast last year I seen one of these, identical. May be this exact car.

Nice buy! Any special specs on these TK models? (apart from cosmetic bits of course)

The bloke who owned it installed a Blitz blow off valve and a HKS air intake. Just yesterday I removed both items & replaced with standard air box & re-connected the stock valve, I also replaced the blitz turbo pipe with the original one, "no cop is going to be defecting me" but anyway, I realy want to preserve this thing in its original state, "no noisy blow off valves for me", just good old Jap power the way they intended, although slower than my R32 GTR that I used to own, I enjoy driving it more. I had to get rid of the GTR because of my misses, but now I have decided to get rid of the misses & buy another Skyline.

that's going in my sig :bunny:

The worst part about it is, that it's true. My wife had the shits (when doesn't she) with me over the GTR, so I sold it about 6 months ago and bought a hilux ute, BUT! she found something else to have the shits with, so I said "I am buying a skyline", and she replied, "you do, and I am leaving" so I looked really hard to get one as soon as posible and brought it home & told her to start packing.

The worst part about it is, that it's true. My wife had the shits (when doesn't she) with me over the GTR, so I sold it about 6 months ago and bought a hilux ute, BUT! she found something else to have the shits with, so I said "I am buying a skyline", and she replied, "you do, and I am leaving" so I looked really hard to get one as soon as posible and brought it home & told her to start packing.

Good move.

I saw a Tommy parked at uni (UQ St Lucia) last week. These things sure look unique.

Went to get it tickled a bit yesterday, she now produces 155kw @ 11psi with stock intercooler & airbox, I know it's nothing compared to alot of cars here, but all I really wanted was to get a little bit more power, you sure can tell the difference, not only that, but I had no idea that the spark plugs had shit them selves. Driving back from the gold coast, if you reved it over 5500rpm she would break up, I thought that the waist gate was opening to early, but found out spark plugs were fouled up & set at 1.3mm gap, they fitted new plugs yesterday & set the gap @ .8mm. Before they replaced the plugs & they had it on the dyno, it only produced 118kw, What a difference hey? It's been raining here in Sydney so I haven't been able to run it at the higher boost yet, the stock boost is more than sufficiant now that it is running alot better due to the new plugs, but I hope this rain stops soon so I can go out and play.

I know I said "I want to preserve this thing in it's original state" but how long can you flog a dead horse, you got to face it, stock these things are nothing to rave about, but with a little extra boost, "hey", not even my misses could satisfy me like this thing does now. :)

Doesn't take much to get 180-200 at the wheels!

What would you suggest?

Me being a V8 man all my life, I have no real idea about how to go about it in a turbo charged car.

I just sold a cammed up VE SS with 332rwkw untouched bottom end, but it cost a pretty penny, like about $8500 + a clutch $2000. My R32 GTR was able to actualy beat it, not that I was racing a profesional, my wife to be exact.

post-66929-1274997799_thumb.jpg

post-66929-1274997819_thumb.jpg

post-66929-1274997844_thumb.jpg

post-66929-1274997873_thumb.jpg

post-66929-1274998050_thumb.jpg

post-66929-1274998074_thumb.jpg

post-66929-1274998162_thumb.jpg

Full exhaust system, aftermarket ECU, boost controller, front mount intercooler, tune.

Should yield you around 190-200rwkw and you will find it will probably be just as quick if not quicker than your stock R32 GTR.

How your R32 GTR was able to beat your SS with 332rwkw I have no idea :)

Edited by PM-R33