SAU Community

Garrett GT3040.

RB GUN

Thanks guys...

:rolleyes: unfortunatally the car car wasnt ready yet... he was doing the boost controler hole on the turbo and the wastegate, the dump pipe, intercooler pipes, so hopefully by tomorrow he'll finish everything and start tuning it... and i should have the car by saturday.

-- RBsileighty -- thanks for your interest in this thread. i cannot wait for the reasault either.

-- Roy -- im using the stinger 3 type of EMS. i've got some photoes and ill take some tommorrow, but i dont have a webspace to dump and link them to this site :(

uhh well ...

Once again thanks for your comments and viewing this thread...

Cheers

--- Babak ---

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys...

After a Looonng wait, i just picked my car up.. ok the result is @ 10 PSI i made 240rwhp

and @17psi i made a save 288.4rwhp @ 6400 RPM. its good coz i told him i want a safe boost and power so i wont blow anything...

The boost kicks in @4100 RPM and the car SCREEEEMS :) the car rusns very smooh now and drives very nicely...

Ill post some pics soon coz im waiting to upload the pix to my website and you can see it all from the biggining to the end..

Anyways sorry for the WAIITT and thanks again for the follow up.

Cheers :P

--- Babak ---

sorry but i thought you would of made more than 280rwhp, i realise this only at 6400 but still? is it a "safe" tune? iv seen a rb20det make 240rwhp with std turbo on 1bar... with fmic, boost contoller, remap, exhaust, fuel pump and regulator. sorry if this seems rude or anything im just curious to know, and i thought you would of made and was expecting 240 or so KW at the wheels

Going by the map of a GT30R, which shouldn't be extremely far off from the 3040 he is using (correct?), he's making the right amount of power for that kind of boost.

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/maps/gt30r.htm

Looks like he is really going to have to "turn up the boost" to make that puppy put out some higher numbers, going by that chart. These are only my assumptions, so those with more experiance please chime in on this one.

Congrats on getting the car back! So is there any boost before 4100? Is it gradual or rdoes it rocket up from 4000-4100? Sweet car bud!

When you say full boost @ 4100rpm is that 10psi or 17psi?

I had a VG30BB Ceramic turbo that would make 1bar at around 4200-4300rpm, boost came on pretty smooth with no real kick in the back. This may have been due to the car still running the stock ecu.

RBSileightly,

So is the pressure ratio related to bar? Hence running 15psi = 1bar on the chart?!?!

-- ROY -- Thanks for that. turbo has .70 A/R intake as you know and i chose .63 A/R exhaust. and for the oil cooler thet would be the better or best place coz of running the FMIC pipes.

-- RBsileighty -- thanks pal, the full boost for the 10 psi would be 4400 RPM :) which there is a bit of lag but as soon as i get the boost it i wont loos it. so the tacho will be running up and down between 5000 and 7800 RPM. the same as the 17 psi but with this psi dude it rocks but i just have to concentrate on the tacho so i wont redline too much.

Guys i think with 20 PSI i would've made 320rwhp so i dont want to put too much pressor on the engine until i get my internals done.

The next upgrade would be dropping an RB25 block in there with forgies and crank shaft etc etc.. but not yet..

im happy wioth this atm.

Once again thanks guys for your comments an all that...

take care guys.. and DRIVE SAFE

--- Babak ---

MRPREZ,

The RB20DET's are tough motors, they handle lots of boost with their stock cr of 8.5:1.

Pump 20psi in to her and stop being a pus*y.. :) She will hold it.

With regards to the RB25 block are you going to slap a set of forgy's in to a RB25DE from the R32.. That would be the way to go as it would require no ecu or stuffing around with wiring etc.. + you can slap your old RB20DET engine number on it and no one would be the wiser.

Good to hear your enjoying the car so much MRPEZ! So where does the motor start making any boost at all? Does it still feel like a somewhat smooth transition, more or less (relative of course), as a less "high powered" turbo than yours?

As long as you can dump the fuel, and your computer can keep up with the amount of air coming in... boost'er on up! I agree that 20psi should be fine... no promises... but at least for a bit!!!

Roy: 14.7psi = 1 bar ... there are a few more decimal places in there, but that works 99.9% of the time. Sometimes 15psi = 1 bar is used for simplicity in calculations.

I got my car tuned with 3040 Garrett on saturday and its farking awesum.

Running at 1 bar with a 1 Bar spring in the ext gate and no boost controller it realed off a best of 256kw@wheels and then a 250kw@wheels with flat 12 a/f ratio. It gets to 1 bar by 4000rpm and hold all the way to 7500rpm redline.

Pics will be up in the vic section in about half hour when i get a chance to upload them.

MRPREZ...of course its your car and your money, but i wouldnt be too worried about winding in boost if the EMS has been tuned well at that boost level.

I have an RB20DET that has over 165,000kms on it. It has over 3,000kms done on a circuit. Ive given the car a few hits at 1.3bar with my new turbo setup, but need to check A/F and before consistantly running it that high. Hell if it makes 10-15rwkws more at 1.4bar then i wont be too concerned about running that level of boost, though if i do ill drop the rev limit back from 8,600 to about 7,500rpm.

how does instant make 250rwkw and mr prez only 280rwhp,which would be round 200rwkw wouldnt it? not too much more. thats a pretty big differnce.. surly 500cc doesnt make that much differnce??? much internal/bolt on differnces? turbo spec differnce?

OK GUYS GUYS....

288.6 rwhp = aprox 215.37 rwkw, i can boost it up to 20 psi i know its not ganna hurt BUT, how long for??? I THINK i can make arout 300-320 rwhp = 224-238 rwkw i know i got that much so there is no need to use it now... but ill do it one day and LET YOU ALLLL KNOW :D

To whome asked me some questions.. I have got an EMS stinger3 ecu and 550 cc injectors. i have got no afm :)

rbs13 dont forget he has an RB25DET engine and i have RB20DET...

And hopefully in the futur i will drop an RB25DET with the same turbo setup and set on forgies and cranks and all that co then Im ganna have a 10 seconds Street machine :(

My turbo its a bit laggy boost kicks in at 4800 RPM :( but once its in wont drop bellow 5000 RPM which is awsome :)

Dude - don't let anything pressure you run more boost than you want to ! ! OR , just make sure your workshop is OK with it and guarantees that it is safe (ie engine rebuild if they are wrong safe)

I'm glad to see you get your car back on the road - must be a different car to drive with the 3040 - Now you gotta save up for internals so you can really wind that baby up !

Nice one !

Cheers,