SAU Community

Ride Height`s

chuckie

lol, hat's a bit better :) i may have mis-interpreted what you originally said, but i thought you were offering a "run heaps of camber and get even tyre wear" kind of solution :(

while having negative camber will always wear out the inside edge of the tyres more than even camber, but with adjusting the toe of the wheels you can reduce that wear. that is what people are trying to say above. hoever you want toe in, not toe out to reduce the wear on the inside edge.

on my pulsar i had minimal camber (was stock height. it was under 0.5 degrees), but i had about 2.2mm of toe out and it was scrubbing the inside edge of the tyres pretty quickly, as well as causing extra torque steer.

lol, hat's a bit better :P i may have mis-interpreted what you originally said, but i thought you were offering a "run heaps of camber and get even tyre wear" kind of solution :D

lol, yep i was in the same boat to, thats what i thought mike was saying, and i couldn't get my head around it. thanks for clearing that up Mike,

So too Adjust the toe-in or toe-out...Is there something one will need to purchase? The inside of my tyres that came on the car from japan are so worn down i can see the tyre mesh shit.

in my opinion this is an example of a pretty decent alignment on a stagea (kiwirs4's)

Front toe = zero

Rear toe = -2mm

Front camber = 1 degree negative

Front caster = as much as I can get, but I know it won't be enough 6deg if poss...lucky to get 5

I will run a little more caster on the left (~0.25 degree) to stop the drift due to road camber.

Rear camber = 0.5 degree negative

Edited by M I K E

lol, yep i was in the same boat to, thats what i thought mike was saying, and i couldn't get my head around it. thanks for clearing that up Mike,

ah, nah, sorry guys. was just pointing out that you can get decent life out of your tyres even if you run alot of camber, most people seem to forget that they are changing all aspects of suspension geometry when they lower their cars but because they can see that they have increased negative camber they automatically attribute accelerated rear tyre wear to running more camber

So too Adjust the toe-in or toe-out...Is there something one will need to purchase? The inside of my tyres that came on the car from japan are so worn down i can see the tyre mesh shit.

man this flood control sucks haha

well if you have exposed canvas or belts then i hope you have them replaced already? lol

assuming your car doesn't have hicas, the standard toe arms have some adjustment where they bolt up to the cradle with an eccentric bolt. if that's not enough for you, you can get aftermarket toe rods which have loads more adjustment in them

man this flood control sucks haha

well if you have exposed canvas or belts then i hope you have them replaced already? lol

assuming your car doesn't have hicas, the standard toe arms have some adjustment where they bolt up to the cradle with an eccentric bolt. if that's not enough for you, you can get aftermarket toe rods which have loads more adjustment in them

Well only discoverd it Thursday morning, So car hasn't been drivin since. Booked in for a good service early next week, tyres some new brake lines, cv boots and fluids. Ill get him too see how much he can adjust the toe rods, if it is to no avail, ill have to look into aftermarket ones...or raise the car haha.

This maybe a stupid question but when adjusting ride hight with coilovers do you have LHS the same as RHS? I had the two fronts the same and the two backs the same but it seemed to sit higher on the left hand side, I am in the proses of taking them back out to check whether i stuffed the measurements up.

I measured before taking it apart and it was 9mm high on LHF and 5mm at LHR, I will find out tomorrow night if I have stuffed up,

The reason I ask is cars are normally higher on one side to allow for the drop off on the roads but that would be determined from the coilovers???

If you have installed coilovers have you set them all the same????

cheers

with coilovers, your supposed to corner weight them so you get both sides of the car holding the same weight

not may places have corner weighting scales so you can just go for even height to the guards or something like that

This maybe a stupid question but when adjusting ride hight with coilovers do you have LHS the same as RHS? I had the two fronts the same and the two backs the same but it seemed to sit higher on the left hand side, I am in the proses of taking them back out to check whether i stuffed the measurements up.

I measured before taking it apart and it was 9mm high on LHF and 5mm at LHR, I will find out tomorrow night if I have stuffed up,

The reason I ask is cars are normally higher on one side to allow for the drop off on the roads but that would be determined from the coilovers???

If you have installed coilovers have you set them all the same????

cheers

what do you mean buy right hand side, is that the drivers side. if so take into account that the fuel tank is bias to the drivers side and will make it sit lower than the passenger side at the rear. i set mine up so they where the same then adjusted them once installed to get a nice even level, then did a wheel alignment.