SAU Community

Gt Garage Dyno Night - June 5th From 2pm

tas_180

Hi all,

on behalf of Nick @ GT Garage a big thank you to everyone that attended and assisted on Saturday night. It was a highly entertaining event and GT Garage has already locked in a date for the next dyno day in approximately five weeks time smile.gif.

Congratulations to Darren Anderson for taking the outright power and power per litre trophies. A great effort to come all the way from Burnie for the event.

For those wondering about the accuracy of the dyno, it is as accurate as any dyno in the country. However in saying that a dyno is primarily a tuning tool, try not to get caught up with 5kw here or 10kw there. There are so many variables that can affect a cars power.

Just for reference, R32/R33/R34 GTRs were all limited to 206PS from factory, the white R32 GTR V Spec 2 and the R34 GTR M Spec Nur both made within 5rwkw of 200kw at all four.

Oh and Dave Michaelson's R33 GTR made 415oddkw at all four, not at the rears. Darren Andersons R33 GTR was run in RWD.

Ben

580rwkw

Hey Guys,

Is there anymore footage of the night? Was that Kutzie on the right hand side???

Cool run...

Nick's done an awsome job with the dyno cell!!!!!!!

Is anyone racing they're 1/2 megawatt GTR's??? Ha ha ha......

Are there any servo's with E85 around Hobart yet?

Cheers

Justin

e85 in tasssie at the pump - NO

Yes that was kutzie

and yes nick has done a top job!

Ha ha ha it took 6 or 7 years to get 98.... Probably going to take 10 to get E85!!!

That was kutzie.... ha, interesting.

Weeell little Nicky is awsome, so I should expect nothing less.... I cant wait to get back and give that dyno a good work out.

Cheers

J.

Ha ha ha it took 6 or 7 years to get 98.... Probably going to take 10 to get E85!!!

That was kutzie.... ha, interesting.

Weeell little Nicky is awsome, so I should expect nothing less.... I cant wait to get back and give that dyno a good work out.

Cheers

J.

haha i nearly fell over when i saw him there too :thumbsup: , speaking of little nicky , he's getting e85 by the barrel for ben p and the smith brothers :D so if your wanting some go have a chat with him :P , how you been anyway justin? when you coming back to tas???

haha i nearly fell over when i saw him there too :D , speaking of little nicky , he's getting e85 by the barrel for ben p and the smith brothers :P so if your wanting some go have a chat with him :P , how you been anyway justin? when you coming back to tas???

Hey Toff...

Been good mate- buisy, soaking up the rum, sun and fun here in the caribean and the medditeranian and Alaska and Bahammas.... hahahah... I'm a superyacht engineer, so rich guys pay me to fix they're toys... 180ft boats, cars and the odd helicopter (well I just help out with the aircraft). It's cool, but it's still a job:

I miss my car though... So I'll probably be comming back in 8-10 months.

My going away party was killer- so maybe a comming back bash is in order???

yeah I had to watch the video clip 3 or 4 times to make shure it was him... :thumbsup:

I'll more than likely run e85 in the big girl... Just got my Injector Dynamics ID2000 injectors wooohooo!!! I used to buy barrells of 98 when you couldn't buy it out of the pump, e85 will be the same.

Cheers

Justin

Hummm,i was there till 4.30,too cold,an no one wanted to chat,what's that saying don't judge a book by it's cover.Oh well i thought love of the skyline was ageless,maybe i was wrong.In lonnie now,maybe i will meet some locals here for a chat. :banana:

I'll more than likely run e85 in the big girl... Just got my Injector Dynamics ID2000 injectors wooohooo!!! I used to buy barrells of 98 when you couldn't buy it out of the pump, e85 will be the same.

Cheers

Justin

Have you factored in the extra consumption that you will get from running E85?

Might make it an unviable option to run in a street car unless you plan on driving around with Jerry cans, the fact that it is unavailable at the pump in Tassie makes it a bit of a logistical nightmare for making the switch.

I am about to convert my tarmac rally car to E85 but even with a race car the excess consumption will prove to be a headache shifting the car to events and in between stages without carrying spare fuel (which unfortunately is not always an option).

I know from feedback from a few of the mainland guys that have made the switch that usage has increased 30-40%....food for thought anyway :banana:

Have you factored in the extra consumption that you will get from running E85?

Might make it an unviable option to run in a street car unless you plan on driving around with Jerry cans, the fact that it is unavailable at the pump in Tassie makes it a bit of a logistical nightmare for making the switch.

I am about to convert my tarmac rally car to E85 but even with a race car the excess consumption will prove to be a headache shifting the car to events and in between stages without carrying spare fuel (which unfortunately is not always an option).

I know from feedback from a few of the mainland guys that have made the switch that usage has increased 30-40%....food for thought anyway ;)

Hey mate,

The extra fuel useage shouldn't be an issue... I'll only be running E85 for drag racing and the occasional track day. Ha ha ha... I used to carry jerry cans of 98 and toluene with me, when I ran up and down the west coast.

I'll be able to change maps easily enough with the new ecu.

thanks for the thought though

Cheers

Justin